Chapter 2 - Help Or Harm?

Standing over the bed was now Lady Dimitrescu, she yanked the blanket off. Seeing Heisen and staring in confusion for a moment, she shook him. "Heisenberg. I'm 'sorry' I scared you or whatever." No response, she took off her glove, feeling his cheek. 'Jesus that's cold...' She gulped, looking around and putting her glove back on. "Uhm, you can... You can get up this instant Heisenberg!" Once again, nothing happened. She closed her eyes and sighed, muttering, "This... This is a sick joke, Heisen..." She turned away before a hand grabbed her ankle.

She looked over, jumping up and immediately pulling her foot away. "H-Hey! It's not a joke, he's fucking dying lady!!" It was Ethan, he had hid under the bed after hearing Dimi's footsteps. But if he would've known how well that was going to work out, he would've stayed up with Heisen and died to help him. "Come on, you're a lord, help him!!" Dimi almost looked offended at the notion before she looked at Heisen again.

"I can try and nurse him back to health at my castle, this smoky and dirty environment certainly isn't helping. You can... " She sighed, thinking through her options, "You can come along, on one condition." Ethan nodded, he had crawled out from under the bed by now. Dimi looked down to him, her eyes piercing into him, "Keep your filthy man-hands off my daughters!"

"With pleasure, wouldn't ever wanna touch one of those thi-" Dimi slapped Ethan across the face, as 'gently' as she could. Ethan glared, Dimi glared back. Dimi rolled her eyes, turning and picking up Heisen. She (as carefully as she could due to her height) walks through the halls holding him, Heisen wasn't even moving an inch. Her expression slowly became filled with worry, even she had a bad feeling.

After a lengthy walk, which wasn't too bad for Dimi but practically killed Ethan's legs, they arrived at the castle. She took Heisen into her room, setting him on the bed and beginning to try and heal him. Ethan, panting and out of breath at this point, was stopped from following her into the room by the door she had slammed in his face.

Dimi didn't trust Ethan for the most part, and was honestly wondering why the hell he was at Heisen's factory in the first place. But for now she just focused on helping him. But she got continuously more panicked the more she helped and he stayed unresponsive.

"What the hell was he doing last night...? His BAC levels are through the roof..." She thought maybe he could've been at a party, but she knew he never went anywhere. The mystery continued to puzzle her as she worked.

After finishing up with everything she could do to help, Dimi looked over and saw that he was in a deep sleep. He was now as stable as she would be able to get him, but going over and touching his forehead, she noticed he was still ice cold. "I'll have to go find Moreau... He'll be able to help more..." For now, she simply covered him up with a few of her extra blankets and hoped he would warm up a bit.

Stepping out into the hall again, Dimi looked over and realized that Ethan was still there. "Ugh, now I have to deal with this filthy mortal." Grabbing him by the wrist, she began dragging him off to detain him for questioning. The plan was to get information about what happened to Heisen from him, then once he was expendable, simply get rid of him.

She heard him wince, as her claws dug into his skin through the fabric of his coat. "Oh shut up, you weak bitch." She remarked coldly. Dimi didn't care for him all that much. Honestly, she really wished she could just be done with him now. But she needed answers.

Tossing him into a cell in the dungeons on the far side of the castle, she locked him in and glared at him. He glared back with defiance once again, as if challenging her. She sighed and left him there, as he wasn't her current concern. She needed to find Moreau. And so that's exactly where she started heading.

Author's Note

Story Length (Excluding Author's Note): 711 Words

Thank you so much for reading this!!

This chapter was written by: GhostBoyo

This is a collaboration between me (owner of this account) and my good friend, GhostBoyo. You should definitely go follow them!!

(For easy access to their account go to my followers, they should be in there.)

If you have any questions about Resident Evil: Village or about the story comment them, I will try to answer to the best of my ability! I will not spoil the story, have fun reading!