Chapter 4 - Denial || {TW's}

⫸⫸ TW: Mentions of self harm + suicide derived from the last chapter.

(Once again, please do not consider self harm and/or suicide.)

"Dimi, we have a problem." 5 words. But they hung in the air, heavy and full of emotion, not a word being spoken afterwards. Because that was when it became real for her. All of this seemed like some kind of fucked up fever dream, but this was the slap in the face that made her realize. This was real. This shit was really happening. Something was wrong with Heisen.

She became lightheaded with the sudden crash of emotions. Her legs felt heavy, and she couldn't stop the sudden shaking she felt in her hands. The world around her became blurry and she felt hot tears begin building up. "This isn't real, he's lying... this is a joke... this is all some sick joke that Heisen concocted and he's fine..."

Moreau's voice broke into her thoughts. "Alcina?? Alcina, maybe you should sit down... I... I need to talk to you about this..." She groaned, she was not ready to talk about this. She wasn't ready to accept that something could have really happened. Moreau managed to sit her down in a spare room, away from Heisen. Moreau sighed, "There's more we didn't know about him, and it's pretty bad..."

She looked off into the distance, out the window. The twisting hills and snowy landscape was a distraction, but she could hear everything inside. 'Nothing was wrong, nothing was allowed to be wrong with Heisen. He had been fine for years, of course he had been. Nothing was wrong...'

"Alcina, he's been lying to us... I know you think he's supposed to be some kind of perfect child but he isn't... so please stop lying to yourself... because something is wrong with him..." Had she spoken her thoughts aloud...? She gulped, feeling her entire body begin to tremble. But she finally looked at Moreau, nodding and sighing. Finally ready to speak up.

"Pl-Please... just get to th-the p-point..." Was all she could muster the courage to say in the moment. Her voice had gotten so much weaker and shakier in such a short amount of time, she was terrified. Moreau sighed, Dimi couldn't tell if he was annoyed or just thinking, either didn't help her in the moment.

She saw Moreau hesitate, as if debating whether or not to truly tell her what was going on. Finally, he replied. "He's been... he's been cutting himself... and I think he tried to end his life at some point, from one of the wounds I found... Alcina, he's... he needs help..." She felt her eyes go wide and tears begin to flow down her face. Moreau seemed to panic, "Al-Alcy...?" She barely heard it, she started to get dizzy from just the notion of Heisen hurting himself at all.

She had the mental image hit her like a truck and she winced, muttered, "Oh god, I was horrible to him..." Moreau shook his head no, he tried to explain that it wasn't anything she could have known. And she never treated him horribly, she was just harsh. 'Harsh? Harsh isn't a word to describe how I treated him.'

She shook her head, still in denial. "He can't be that bad. He just can't be." For as long as she had been around him, whenever something happened to Heisen, he had persevered. This had never happened. He always ended up being okay. Or, so she thought. But now she was reconsidering. Had he been lying to her all those times...?? He would lie to her, she always yelled at him. He wouldn't want to tell her anything because of that. She was awful to him, no wonder he had started to lock up at home.

Moreau was still talking, still explaining lies. Heisen was fine, of course he was. She shook her head, interjecting her thoughts, "It's not true, you're lying." Moreau seemed to be stunned by such a statement, going to speak again but once more she spoke instead. "He's been fine for years, that can't change." Before another word was said she walked off, slowly taking herself down the stairs, through the castle and right back to the dungeons. She smiled at seeing the young manthing, he was tossing his knife in the air.

"Mr. Winters, it's about time you tell the story." Ethan looked up, nodding to her and standing up. He was ready, ready to call her out and save Heisen. He didn't know why, but protecting Heisen was his top priority, it was his turn to defend, he knew that.

Author's Note

Story Length (Excluding Author's Note): 751 Words

Thank you so much for reading this!

This chapter was written by: GhostBoyo &  》◇ × Heisenberg × ◇《

This is a collaboration between me (owner of this account) and my good friend, GhostBoyo. You should definitely go follow them!!

(For easy access to their account go to my followers, they should be in there.)

If you have any questions about Resident Evil: Village or about the story comment them, I will try to answer to the best of my ability! I will not spoil the story, have fun reading!

Sorry for this being a shorter chapter, I have exams and am writing another fanfiction at the same time now. I also had too many plot ideas for the next chapter and was really ready to end this one fast, so if you wanted more time with Dimi in this chapter, I'm sorry!!

Do not consider self harm or suicide. If you are considering any of these or having these feelings, you can call or text the suicide hotline at 800-273-8255, or talk to a trusted adult or friend about what you're experiencing. You are valid!!

(Thanks to the other author, GhostBoyo, for this ending message. I messed it up last time.)