#20 When Life Hits Hard

"We have received recent reports that the vigilante known as Artibeus has been taken into custody due to being caught at an attempt robbery.
The man will have to reveal his identity and serve less time in prison otherwise he will be facing many life sentences. His court case occurs later today."

Dawn switched the TV off after the news report recapping the recent event. Someone has framed her friend but she didn't know who, or had any leads. The team had visited you straight after they heard about it to see you in handcuffs and the officers threatening to pull off your mask.

Since then Kaldur has been constantly training, waiting for the fight against whoever did this. Anger fueling his muscles to keep on moving harder and faster. Wally kept to his room and video games the whole morning until he felt a wave of hunger.

Donna and Kara haven't spoke since last night and kept far apart from each other. When one entered the room, the other left. Snarky comments turned into a couple of arguements that separated them from each other, having excuses to blame each other for what happened.

Elise layed on her father's bed, listening to all his music scattered across the room. Guilt had the greater of her which meant she couldn't stop blaming herself for what happened to her father. Meanwhile Dawn just sat on the couch surfing through many channels to distract herself from the thoughts.

_________

"What a night y/n. First we were dancing, then arrested. Wow what fun."
"Shut it Bruce. Or myself. Whatever." You mumbled while sitting in the interrogation room. Hands handcuffed to the table while one-sided glass faced your side.

"How can I get rid off you?" You turned to face the hallucination.
"You know how, you're just too afraid to face it." He leant against the table while you looked down and sighed in defeat. This guilt has been weighing on your shoulders since you've been back. It didn't help that time messed with your mind too.

"Fine, I'll tell her later." You mumbled again not wanting the cameras to monitor you talking to yourself. The door unlocked to reveal a police officer walk into the room with a file in her hands.

"I've always wanted to meet you, just never thought it would be like this." She had a smile on her face which dropped a bit when she glanced at the handcuffs. "I'm Patty by the way, Patty Spivot."
"Well Spivot, I'm being framed. Look at the CCTV." You spoke to her as she sat down across from you.

"I believe you, but unfortunately the evidence holds that you were trying to rob the store. CCTV is unclear but shows it, and a couple of the witnesses said they saw you steal something." She layed down the file to show very blurry pictures and a figure that resembled a bat intimidating civilians.

"Someone is putting this together to take me down. You have to believe me." You slammed your fists against the table in a rage you were unfamiliar off. Patty jumped back a bit but you quickly breathed out and looked up at her.
"I know you're a good person, so help me."
"I really want to but they're watching us. I'll do the best I can to help your case later."
"Thank you." And with that she left the room to leave you with your thoughts.

Someone has planned this specifically for you. Fake robbery and fake evidence with probably hired witnesses too. This is very strange.

_________

Things have been very strange for Diana. Well actually, uncomfortable. First her boyfriend has been falsely arrested then she's been feeling unwell a lot lately. Her head dizzy, pains in her stomach and a small sickness that shows up from time to time.

Diana strolled along the Halls of Justice to meet with Bruce and Clark. The doors swung open as she accidentally used too much strength on them. The long table faced her while she looked across it to see Batman typing away at a keyboard.