#21 Getting Comfortable

What. The. Hell.
That was what ran across the team's minds after just one day. They all gathered, minus Donna and Elise, to see what was just reported on the news. The identity of Artibeus was revealed to be y/n l/n aka the adopted son of Bruce Wayne.

Many worries spread across their minds as thoughts of their identities and the bat-family possibly falling into many enemy lines of sight. Maybe even the public too.

"No sign of her." Wally huffed as he returned after another search of the city for Elise. The girl has been gone for a whole day now since Kara and Donna had their fight. Donna's been missing too, no one knew where she left to.

"Thank you Wally." Dawn sighed as she hung her head low. Kara watched the others from across the room at the kitchen stools, reflecting on what she yelled to Donna. Maybe she went too far.

Dawn noticed Kaldur keeping his sight on the TV while clenching his fists tight.
"Hey what's wrong?" She asked as she looked up to the angered male.
"I wasn't strong enough." Was all he spoke through his gritted teeth, "I couldn't step in to stop the fight and just let them take y/n away. I failed you all." Dawn put her hand on his shoulder and was about to say some sorrowful words but Kaldur flinched his arm away and stormed out the room.

Wally took a seat with Kara to see her not in her usual cheery mood. Her hands on her lap as she kept her gaze on the floor. Wally noticed some tears fall onto her glasses but she just wiped them and pushed her glasses back up while standing away from the stool.

"Kara, how you holding up?" He finally spoke out after building up the courage. Wally already knew the answer but wanted her to know he cared. They all did.

"Like crap Wally. I felt so bad after seeing y/n just give himself up that I let all my anger out on my friend. For the first time I don't know what to do and how I feel. It's like we lost a battle to an invisible enemy." Kara explained quietly as she walked out the door and suddenly jumped into the shining sky.

Dawn stood there in the middle of the room and suddenly broke down into tears. Her hands quickly covered her face while Wally raced over and placed his arm around Dawn to comfort her.
"What now Wally? The team just left and now it's just us two."

Wally didn't respond but just pull her in tighter while she let it all out. He had to be strong now more than ever. Both mentally and physically since the team has gone to complete chaos.

_________

"Keep it moving L/N!" The guard yelled as he smacked your back with his baton. You grunted and slowly stepped into the wild cafeteria where everyone sat to eat.  All eyes were on you as you slowly made your way to grab a tray and the slop they call food.

You dropped your tray onto the empty table in the far corner and began to reflect on everything so far. There was no point in eating this mess so you just sat there in silence before someone slammed their fists in front of you.

"So the person behind the mask was nothing but a rich kid huh." Angelo Bend aka Angle man and Chuck Brown aka Kite man stared down at you with angry smirks on their faces.
"Thought you losers would go to smaller prison, since you guys are pretty silly criminals." You chuckled which made Angelo reach across the table and grab your shirt.

You grabbed his arm and twisted it which made a snapping noise ring out and cause cries of pain from the man. Guards came over which made you quickly let go as he fell on to the table.

Two guards grabbed you and pulled you away while the others grabbed and pulled Angelo and Chuck out of the room. You were about to be pulled away until the walkie talkie from the guard next to you went off and he listened close to it.