Chapter 11

Charlotte

Sophia and I walked to class with lightning speed. The teacher wasn't in class yet, so we had a small chit chat about a cat she owned. She'd named her Angela, after that virtual pet game, in a spur of the moment thing.

"I'd really like to meet her."

"Well Charlie, of course you will. Tonight. I'm just counting the hours."

"I know, me too. I'm so excited."

"I haven't done this since I was fourteen." She giggled.

We were about to enter the door, when suddenly I was pulled back by a gentle hand on my arm. I whirled around to face Mickey.

He motioned for us to step outside the class. Sophia was looking at us with a furrowed brow. "It's okay, you can go and I'll come after a little while." She nodded after giving me a smirk. It looked so unlike her. Yet somehow it fit her so well, it unnerved me for some reason.

Okay, enough running. I have to talk to him now. Just looking at him made me think about last night. I didn't want to. Besides, I didn't really remember much about last night. Somehow, my brain was shrouding that memory. I was thankful, though. Made me feel less crazy.

Mickey and I stood outside the classroom, leaning against the wall. "So?" I began in a soft voice. The teacher could come in at any moment, and he'd probably ask why we were standing outside.

"We didn't talk yesterday about what you saw." He answered in an equally soft tone.

I thought about how Luke and Chloe had appeared as if they were suddenly older. Like they were done with college even, already. This was one of the few memories I remembered.

Somehow, I'd come to a conclusion this morning.

"I didn't see anything unusual last night."

"Char-" I cut him off with a gesture of my hand. Now I was sure he was going to talk to me about their appearance.

I began telling him my conclusion. "They only looked that way because it was dark outside and the street lamps were playing tricks on my eyes."

"Well, about that..-" I cut him off again. I refused to hear or believe another explanation because I knew it wouldn't be a logical one.

"We were threatened, Char," he said quietly.

Wait a second, did I forget that important piece? How?

"I..." I struggled with words. I mean it, Chloe's words rang in my head once again. How could I have had forgotten? Is this how my brain has decided to cope with the information swimming around my head?

Mickey's brief touch on my shoulder, brought me back from my thoughts. I suddenly remembered how rude he'd been right after the whole thing yesterday.

"Don't touch me," I said. Venom dripping from my words.

"What's going on?" He asked. The confusion on his face was almost cute. Almost.

I crossed my arms over my chest. "I didn't forget how rude you were last night."

This made him annoyed for some reason. "You mean you remember me being mean but not what happened which was actually more important?"

"Don't change the subject," I said.

"I'm trying to find a solution here."

"If you really want a solution, then stay away from me and that warehouse. Nothing good has ever come from there anyway."