Chapter 15

Charlotte

A young woman was sitting in a sitting room. I recognized her as the 'third'. In the opposite sofa, sat a young man. Handsome with short blonde hair and freckles. They were both having tea and seemingly, the house was empty.

The young man was grinning, and the young woman wasn't. I felt like vomiting even though I didn't know why. One of those feelings rooted deep in my chest, but aren't really my feelings. Me and these female characters from my dreams were connected in many ways. One of them, being able to feel their emotions.

The woman spoke after taking long and agonizing sips. "Thank you for coming. I called you here not for our usual business, but to in fact put a stop to it."

The man's smile fell. "What do you mean?"

The woman continued as if she hadn't been interrupted. She was being cold, and I felt like it was for a good reason. "I am carrying an heir, and it does not belong to you. It belongs to my husband."

The man started looking broken. But then his hands balled into fists. "How sure are you about that? If that is indeed my heir-"

"I assure you, it belongs to my husband. The physician has told me how far along I am, and I also consulted the calender," she took another sip. I realized that she hadn't looked the man in the eyes ever since he came.

The man probably realized that trying to change her mind would be pointless. "What does this mean now for us?" He asked in a controlled voice.

She took another sip, and looked down at her bossom. She wasn't showing yet, but soon she would. "It means we are but finished. My husband found out about us, and I do not want to continue with this."

"Are you sure?"

She got irritated and finally looked him dead in the eyes coldly, "Very. This whole affair was a mistake to begin with. I was heartbroken over losing you, but now I have to do this for the sake of my family, and my child. I would not like to see you again, and neither would my husband."

"Very well. I know my way to the door." He slammed the teacup onto the saucer on her coffee table, and stood up. Disgust written all over the way his lip curled. He strode over to the door and exited with a big slam. Exiting from this woman's house and her life.

I woke up, and listened to my heartbeat calm down. It was a routine that helped me cope with these dreams. You might think I rarely experience them but truth is, once they begin becoming fewer, they start up again and they become many. After a few minutes, my alarm went off. It was now 6am. I forced myself to wake up and prepare for school.

At breakfast, I had a brief interaction with my family. I only greeted them. I ate cereal at light speed, and went to the car. School would start in forty minutes, but we arrived there with fifteen minutes to spare.

Sophia was already by our spot, and she was smiling at her phone. "Hey," she greeted when she felt my presence.

"Hey you. What are you doing?" She moved away while I adjusted one strap of my backpack.

Sophie smiled, showing me her dimples. "Nothing." Sus.

I looked at her and sneaked a quick glance at her phone. "You're texting someone," I whispered dramatically.

"Maybe I am," she giggled. She texted one last time and put her phone in her pocket.

I realized someone was missing. "Where's Chrissy?"

Her smile deflated. "Actually, now that you mention it, I haven't seen her since yesterday."

I took my phone out and texted Chrissy asking where she is, then I looked at the time. Five minutes left. "Actually, let's go to class. Maybe we'll see her in the hallways or something."