Chapter 35

Charlotte

I scrambled my mind for an excuse, any excuse, as to why we were so late.

"We stopped on the way to pick up some extra guests," Mickey quickly answered and I hoped Alec wouldn't notice the worry in his voice.

"Guests? Why are you all bringing extra guests?" He queried. I forced my head into a nod that came out quite awkward. He looked at his watch. "I guess the more, the merrier. We're behind schedule. The little party's happening in the private booth. Let's go."

I was stunned momentarily that he didn't ask more about the guests. "Well, you heard him. Let's get moving," Mickey said.

We all faked smiles and got up. We went over to Alec and he led the way. I heard Chloe mutter something under her breath to Luke, but decided not to say anything. This was probably just another attempt at riling us up. I knew that they could communicate in the mind.

They were putting on a show.

But for what?

I'd have to keep a close eye on them.

I assumed that it was all part of their plan. I kept walking and looked ahead. We entered a large light purple booth that was decorated in yellows and aqua blue. The latter being one of my favourite colours.

There were about five ballons scattered and a few ribbons. Nice job decorating, Alec. It was like stepping in a time machine that transported us back to our old birthday parties. But this version was more modest and mature.

The window let in a stream of light that I would have described as refreshing, had I not been angry at the two guests beside us.

Still keeping my fake smile intact, I turned to the group seated. "Hi," I muttered.

"Traitor," Lucy nodded almost making me chuckle. I would have if I wasn't in an awful mood. Henry, Avery and Olivia greeted me back. Blake kept quiet. I ran my eyes over the last two people there. A girl and boy who were not a part of the circle.

"What are you doing here?" I asked them both, stunned. Alec did mention extra guests, Char.

Cole smirked at me and nodded next to him. It was as if he wanted me to know who he was there with. I could see the triumph in Olivia's eyes.

Strangely and most welcome, I only felt annoyance that he chose Olivia out of all the available girls. He didn't want to listen to me, and he was going to get burnt sooner or later. I didn't even give a shit about my reputation that was being torn by their unholy union.

Chrissy only scowled and instead scooted closer to Blake. The nerve she had to blatantly display her affection for Blake right in front of his girlfriend... Is she really that crazy in love? Or was it just foolishness?

Alec noticed the change in the atmosphere. "Right, it seems we have more extra guests," he motioned to the pair. "I'm not upset, though I do wish you'd told me."

I heard Mickey say, "Sorry, dude."

Right, so he's adopted a non-caring attitude. I should do the same.

I shrugged and sent a discreet dirty look to the unwanted pair, then motioned for them to sit down. They obediently went. Something about their obediance sent bad feeling in my stomach. Were they up to something?