Chapter 34

Charlotte

I called out Mickey's name as he strode out the door. If I didn't stop him now, he'd continue with this crazy plan of his that would end in only one way. And that couldn't be good.

"Mickey!" I called out again and started running out after him.

He was fuming, and the way he carried himself as he strode made it even more obvious. People made way for him and I took advantage of that space. Unfortunately, I lost him as soon as he stepped outside.

A girl was somehow in front of me, obscuring my view. Shiny golden straight hair glistened with the light let in through the windows. "Charlotte. How are you?"

I didn't have the time or luxury to be talking to Olivia. "I'm fine. Now would you please stop blocking my way?"

She gave me a sickly sweet smile that somehow complimented her blue eyes. "In a second. I just wanted to thank you for finally leaving Cole alone for me." Wait a second, how did she know about Cole and me? "That was the best choice you could have taken for everyone's sake. We know that the best boy is always for the best girl in school."

I fought the urge to roll my eyes. Worry about this later! "Livie, this is so petty. I don't care if you've taken him. On the contrary, good luck with him. Now if you'll excuse me, I have more important things to do."

She huffed upon seeing that I couldn't be provoked by her stupid words. She shifted out of the way and I ran outside.

Mickey was looking around and his eyes finally settled at a corner of the building. And there she was. The young Chloe looked so radiant just standing there with young Luke and a camera.

I shouted to Mickey. "Don't do it!"

He briefly glanced in my direction before shaking his head. He walked over to them. Now suddenly calm.

I suddenly realized that if all of what Mickey said was true, then it wasn't luck that kept them from discovering us yesterday. They probably saw us from a distance. Silly me for thinking that we were stealthy.

But then that would mean that they wanted us to learn all this information. Maybe they are building up for a confrontation between us.

Maybe this is exactly what they want Mickey to do.

This is a trap!

My resolve strengthened as I walked over to the three of them. Casting aside my wavering fear of Chloe and Luke, I got in between Mickey and the pair. The expression on his face simmered down from anger and instead got replaced by shock. I could hear both Chloe and Luke chuckle under their breaths.

I faced Mickey, "let's go."

He shook his head and it seemed his anger was back again. "No, let me talk to them."

"No, this is a trap. Let's leave," I pleaded.

"No, you leave." He put his arms around me and I didn't have the time to think about how that felt before he gently pushed me to the side. He closed the space between them while I stood there, incredibly stunned. "What's your plan, huh?"

Luke smiled, "Whatever do you mean?"

"We heard you yesterday, so stop playing coy. What's your plan?"

In my stunned mind, I heard Chloe's reply clearly. "So, you were there. Didn't I tell you to stop spying on us, my pet?"

"I'm not your pet, Chloe. And cut the crap. You want us to spy on you. Why?"