80. GEM9

-this chapter is dedicated to -finalkru

for always showing up <3 you rock!-

✧✧✧

Only the sound of our footsteps could be heard as we were led by a single guard toward the rooms of our friends.

My eyes scanned the long hallways, trying to take in every little detail that we would need to escape. I knew they weren't going to let us go willingly.

As we arrived at a doorway, the guard stopped and gave us a small nod.

"Now leave." Clarke ordered, shooting them a withering glance as they scurried off down the hall.

The minute the guard was out of sight, we pushed the door open and slowly made our way in. I wasn't sure which room they had taken us to, but I was hoping to see a certain person.

On this day or horridness, one good thing happened when we entered the room to see that it was Octavia sat on the bed, Diyoza off to the side. Echo was no where to be seen.

Octavia had her head down, now out of the guard's uniform and in a set of clothes with the symbol of the planet printed on the shirt. She looked more like herself than she had in years despite what she wore. Blodreina was no longer.

As she looked up at us, I felt my heart break slightly. It broke for my best friend who had been through so much...for my best friend who had just lost her big brother.

I stepped toward her, and within a second she had her arms wrapped tightly around me. I snaked my arms around her, holding onto her with all my might as tears filled my eyes once again. "I'm so sorry, Tavia." I whispered, fully knowing the pain of losing a brother.

She let out a small sniffle as she squeeze me a bit tighter. "I'm sorry, too." She whispered, her fully aware of what it was like to lose the love of your life.

"No guards?" Diyoza wondered as Octavia and pulled apart, Octavia reaching out to hold onto my hand.

"Clarke threatened not to help with the Flame if they got in her way" Raven explained. "Thanks for playing that one cards down by the way." She added, looking to Octavia with a raised brow.

"I thought it was good leverage, knowing you would eventually show up." Octavia's eyes were on Miller as she released the grip she had on my hand. "We're glad you did."

He wouldn't look her in the eye, but that didn't prevent Octavia from taking a few hurried steps toward him before pulling him into an embrace.

Miller was still for a moment. "Just hug me back, Miller." Octavia pleaded, and sure enough, Miller's arms soon wrapped around her.

A small smile came to my face as I watched the exchange...we needed each other.

The moment was quickly cut short as another figure came rushing into the room, causing all of us to react quickly by raising our weapons.

"Wait!" Diyoza ordered. "She's not one of them."

The smile on her face caused all of us to falter in slight confusion as we lowered our guns.

The girl inspected the group of us. "Clarke." she concluded, nodding at Clarke. She looked to me next, and then to Raven. "Avery. Raven." Turning, she wore a small smile. "Miller."

She then looked back to Octavia who wore what looked like a proud smile. "You described them well."

"This is Hope." Diyoza explained. "My daughter."