Chapter 1

I took a shaky breath harshly turning the large TV off with the remote as another headline about the former avengers played. Conspiracy theories and false news were all I seemed to hear nowadays. "Miss we have an update," someone said walking in and handing me a tablet.

I glanced at the screen briefly reading a headline about new super soldiers and some of my former partners. I was confused, to say the least, but thanked the person handing me the tablet and walked off to get ready for the night. These were the least of my most pressing issues.

I gathered myself taking a few deep breaths as I took a long hot shower. Lately, all that was on my mind was the family I had lost and being as far away from them was the easiest way I could cope.

I got out of the shower partially drying myself. I grabbed some makeup and done some quickly trying to look as party-ready as I could. I then started on my hair drying and curling it slightly. I walked into my closet picking a dress and got dressed quickly grabbing some heels as I heard my driver honking from outside.

The dress was a stunning, black, figure-hugging dress with a small slit in the left leg it was mid-length and I paired it with dainty black heels. I wasn't sure who the power broker was but it was always wise to look the best I could.

I made my way out of my house not bothering to lock it as I knew someone would do it as I left. The pros of always have workers in the house. I got into the car thanking the driver for being somewhat patient and the drive to the party started.

 Today was the day I got to meet the power broker in person, arguably the most powerful person in Madripoor. Some would even say the judge, the jury and the executioner here. I had discussed my work as a former avenger and now being an arms dealer in the past over the phone with one of the power brokers workers and now I got to finalise a deal in public with the power broker themselves.

Of course, being a former avenger I knew no one was to be trusted so I had my old suit in the car ready for anything that might go wrong. However, the plan was to hope nothing goes wrong. I have a good thing going.

✪✪✪

This was just mean but like date with Bucky sign me up 😌