Chapter 10

After three days of rest in the safe house, I felt fine to walk around and do the basics myself being careful not to tear or rip my stitches. I sat down in front of the TV pressing channels aimlessly when I came across a news channel.

It was playing a video shot by a civilian and had a warning plastered on the screen. I gasped at the sight it was Walker and he was in the middle of beating a man to death with the shield. I paused the screen taking a minute.

Just by luck Sam and Bucky came waltzing in. "Watch," I said as I pressed rewind on the remote. The video replayed and Bucky and Sam watched intently.

"That was right after the hospital speech," I said "how did he even manage to find a flag smasher" I added "that's not even who killed him" I added distraughtly. "This is insane," Sam said "he's completely lost it" I added.

"This is why you shouldn't have given the shield up" Bucky yelled angrily standing up. "I didn't give it up" Sam yelled back and both of them started arguing. "Hey, hey, hey," I said breaking up the argument.

"You can not let someone like him," I said pointing at the screen "come in between you guys" I added. "He can't carry on like this," I said stating the obvious.

"Figure out where he is we need the shield back," Bucky said looking at me "how am I supposed to?" I questioned "you still have people, contacts here, not everyone you work with abandoned you right?" he asked "you'd be surprised," I said "but I can try" I added.

Steve would have never wanted this. Steve never, he never got blood on his shield intentionally. These emotions were the reason I avoided being back home.

My past was hard and then somehow I ended up in Wakanda where I met the man I thought I loved. He introduced me to the avengers convinced me to become one and I, at last, had found my family. The people I truly loved.

Losing most of them was hard and now seeing someone use the legacy of a man who I thought of as the brother I never had and tarnishing it the way he was made my blood boil. 

I grabbed Sam's phone which was placed in between the couch cushions considering I smashed mine a while ago and began dialling away at anyone who I thought would be useful in helping locate Walker.

✪✪✪

I miss Chadwick ☹️

I miss Chadwick ☹️