Chapter 2

I walk in through the door, people are everywhere drunk, high and dancing. I made my way to the bar, I didn't have any instructions so I decided to ask what seemed like the only sober person in this place. 

"Hi I'm looking for the power broker," I said loudly speaking over the music "let me start you with a drink sweetheart" the bartender winked and I controlled the urge to roll my eyes at him.

I looked at the chalkboard behind him and suppressed the urge to laugh at the first drink name it read "The Tesseract". Seems like the wrath of the avengers followed me everywhere. "I'll just take a -" I started but I was cut off by some commotion.

Only a few heads turned towards the commotion everyone else seemed to be too drunk or high to notice. I walked towards the noise reaching a back room. I was met with Sam, Bucky, some guy in a long coat and someone dead on the floor.

Two out of the three men looked taken aback after seeing my face, which was fair. "What?" I simply asked "the power broker" Sam pointed to the floor. It was a woman with short icy blonde hair.

I cursed silently "let's go," I said quickly as I ushered them out towards a door as I heard people stomping into the room we were just in. "Hey stop" I heard a man yell as the four of us started running. 

Why I was helping them I have no idea. Maybe it was the fact that I knew them before or it could just be that I needed to do something different.

I heard him talk into his walkie "A female, black dress, three males" and I felt anger and regret. Now I was gonna be on the run for a while. I came to a stop in front of my car. "Go now" I yelled getting in startling my driver as Sam, Bucky and mystery man followed suit cramping in the back.

"The warehouse" I instructed as my driver raced down the streets. We were at my weapons warehouse in no time considering we were over the speed limit by a lot. Probably smarter to go to the warehouse as no one would be there at this time.

Everyone piled out of the car and I stalled back a little "go you don't need to wait, tonight you weren't with me" I instructed my driver as he nodded. No questions asked. I walked to the back of the car limping slightly as one of my heels had broken, I wasn't planning on running tonight, in heels at least.

I popped the trunk grabbing my suit and closed it quickly hitting the back of the car instructing the driver  to leave. I nodded towards the entrance as all three men stared at me. 

✪✪✪

Power broker on the floor like 💀