Chapter 16

I was rudely awoken by my phone ringing "hello" I answered without even checking the caller ID. "Hello" a deep voice answered back. I realised it was Sam and sat up fully now awake and being sure to give him my full attention. 

"You disappeared last night" he said stating the obvious "I know I just needed some time to myself" I said "you've had time to yourself, it's all of you got these last few years" he said brutally honest. 

"It's just hard" I said "I know but you need to surround yourself with people who love you, it isn't healthy just shutting yourself out, I thought we were getting somewhere" he spoke on the other end of the phone. 

"There's not that many people left who love me" I said swallowing hard as I admitted the bitter truth. "Nonsense you will always have me and we both know Bucky is still head over heels for you, from the moment he saw you again he hasn't stopped worrying about you, when you disappeared and left with no heads up he was so distraught" Sam said.

We talked on the phone for a quite a while. The conversation was mostly me second guessing everything and him reassuring me. 

"Look come over later today, to my sisters Bucky will be there as well, don't shut us out again" Sam said I nodded then realised he couldn't see me "yeah ok I'd like that" I said and then I ended the call. 

My phone buzzed again with a text, it was Sam again giving me the address. I got off the bed and realised I was still wearing my shoes as well as my suit and I groaned. I opened the blinds and then the window letting the sunshine into the room.

I sat on the windowsill for a second taking in the fresh air and soaking up the sun. I then looked down at myself "yeah I really need to fix up" I said staring down at my suit that I was still in "this might take a while" I said. 

I ordered some room service because I was starving and then began getting myself together.

✪✪✪

Prefer the second one anyways 😋