Chapter 13

I repeatedly hit the lock on the back of the van holding the people. The pleads only made me want to work faster. Sam was off trying to rescue people on a helicopter just regular Captain America duties. 

Bucky was with me trying to open the second van. He had managed to open his and the people inside scattered out rather quickly thanking Bucky for freeing them. 

I felt a hit on the back of my head and groaned. Karli. She did not like what I was doing I'm guessing. Bucky distracted her and they got into a little fight of their own. The little device fell off and I attempted to pry the doors open.

Everyone inside began yelling louder and I was confused. The van started moving and I realized one of the flag smashers had taken it upon themselves to cause some issues.

I turned back and Bucky and Karli were gone instead there stood Walker with a homemade shield in hand. "Go," he said "I got this" I hesitated for a minute but began running in the direction I hope Karli and Bucky would have gone.

I turned back for a split second to see Walker chasing after the van. I ran into what seemed to be an abandoned warehouse which looked oddly familiar to one Tony, Nat and I had once fought in for a mission.

I heard commotion in the far distance and ran towards it Karli, Sam and Bucky all seemed to be fighting and despite it being two against one Karli seemed to have it in the bag. I heard the screeching of wheels against the floor and looked to see the van.

Walker was right behind it the driver was nowhere to be seen and Walker seemed to be struggling to pull the van back. I climbed up the side of the railing to the level with Walker and the van. I tied the rope attached to my waist around the handle of the doors and began scaling back.

I tied the rope to another railing and began trying to help Walker in pulling the van back to the best of my efforts.

Sam looked up and called out my name. "Swap" he yelled and I nodded jumping off the platform and onto the floor in a lunge position. Sam flew up and began assisting Walker in freeing the people.

I joined Bucky on the floor in defeating Karli. This was the first time I was head to head with her. 

In a matter of minutes Walker and Sam combined secured the van and freed the people in it. Walker assisted in making sure everyone was ok and Sam flew back down. 

Karli cursed upon realising her vendetta was incomplete. Instead of surrendering she started running again.

She didn't get very far before falling to her knees I gasped as the delayed sound of a gunshot rang in my ears. I turned back to see Walker with the weapon in his hand "for Lemar" he whispered as he ran leaving his battered up shield behind.

✪✪✪

About a 4 🤷

About a 4 🤷