Chapter 9

"You three need to back off," Walker said "I will do anything, absolutely anything to avenge the death of Lemar and anyone that gets in the way of that, god help them" he continued staring right at me.

"She's just a kid," Sam said "A kid who killed my best friend," Walker said sternly "that wasn't her intention and you know that" Bucky argued "it was the next closest thing, those people, no animals follow her around blindly, they don't care who lives or who dies" Walker yelled.

"She's just a kid" I repeated "oh you have no say in this, you dropped everything and left the minute times got tough" Walker spat back taking me by surprise. From the corner of my eye, I saw Bucky clench his metal hand.

I wasn't gonna lie and say I wasn't slightly terrified but he looked dishevelled and lost. He just lost his best friend and now he was out for blood which was not Captain America's agenda at all, well if you don't count the civil war but that was just a little bump in the road.

I stared back at Walker and he looked into my eyes then changed and stared at Bucky and Sam like he was seizing us all up. He stared down at my wound and I felt self-conscious I wanted nothing more than to hide it.

I cleared my throat and he averted his gaze walking out the room with the shield dragging behind him "what the hell" Sam said "language" I laughed and then stopped remembering the situation "sorry" I said quickly.

I felt bad for Walker he just lost his best friend. When I found out Natasha and Tony were dead I lost it, like literally. Natasha's death was hard enough and then I watched Tony die in front of my eyes.

I made rash decisions myself. I packed up and moved as far away as I could. Everywhere I went there was a poster of Tony and it made me sad, I missed his annoying sarcastic ass. My thoughts were interrupted by Sam clicking a finger in front of my face.

"We should go," Bucky said, "where?" I asked "Zemo's safe house, we know the location and still got a key," Sam said. Sam helped me out of bed as I stabled myself, Bucky slung my arm over his shoulder as he grabbed me around my waist and all of us slowly walked out making our way to the house.

✪✪✪

I love Wade 😙

I love Wade 😙