Chapter 14

Sam, Bucky and I walked out of the warehouse and were swarmed by reporters all yelling at once about the events that had taken place.

Sam walked ahead as Bucky and I stopped and watched from the back as everyone congratulated him on his victory. "Now what," I asked to no one in particular. I couldn't exactly go back to Madripoor considering I was still a felon back there.

"We celebrate" Bucky answered my question "exactly like they would've done before," Bucky said and my breathing quickened.

Before at the smallest victory Tony would throw a party. Everyone loved the idea but no one loved it more than Thor did. The idea of having the night to ourselves carefree was always great. Even though once we were attacked by a robot.

Bucky hesitantly put his arm around my shoulder and I didn't resist, instead, I leaned my head against his shoulder just soaking it all up.

We were interrupted by a reporter making his way to us "how does it feel to be back in the US" he said shoving the mic near my face as the bright light from his cameraman's camera blinded me.

I stood up straight stuttering a little "urm" I hadn't had an interview like this in so long I wasn't sure how to do it again. "We actually need to go," Bucky said pushing the mic away "no it's ok," I said, everyone deserved an explanation.

"It feels good actually, it's nice to be back, I missed it" I answered the reporter "why did you leave," he asked "oh I just needed a little time to myself after everything," I said truthfully "will the remaining avengers ever fight again," he asked.

"Let's hope we don't ever have a reason to" I answered smiling as Sam came to the rescue. I excused myself from the reporter as all of us started walking. "Let's celebrate," Sam said and Bucky nodded.

"I actually have to go," I said quickly as I walked away quickly leaving a confused Sam and Bucky behind.

I didn't look back but I knew Bucky had probably tried running after me and Sam must have stopped him. Sam just understood people and emotions much quicker than Bucky did. I later realised it was probably unfair to leave like that but it was a heat of the moment decision.

✪✪✪

Little curtain bangs 😅