Chapter 8

I woke up and looked around, my body was meticulously placed to fit in a small sketchy bed. I opened my mouth to speak but no sound came out. I cleared my throat looking around searching for some water.

I leaned over the bed to a makeshift table attempting to grab a half-full water bottle. I groaned as the pain in my abdomen increased. I retracted to my original position huffing annoyed. I cleared my throat again making out a hoarse "hello."

In no time Sam and Bucky were by my side. "Where's Zemo?" I asked "he took his opportunity to escape during the fight" Sam answered ashamed for losing him. I nodded sympathetically "so where exactly are we?" I asked

"Local, sketchy hospital" Bucky answered and I nodded again "cool cool," I said casually. I pointed towards the water "I don't know who's that is" Sam said. "I'm desperate," I said as my voice cracked.

I thanked Sam as he handed me the water bottle and I downed it all. I got up from the bed well attempted to but I was pushed back by a very concerned Bucky. "You've just gotten stitches at least give it a minute," Bucky said.

I crossed my arms "I'm, was an avenger, I'm stronger than this" I said catching myself at the first sentence. "We actually never discussed that," Sam said "there's nothing to discuss," I said and Bucky sighed catching everyone's direction.

"Anyone wanna get me a new shirt," I asked and Sam nodded leaving the room "I'll be back fast, there's a little stall outside," he said. "So," I said looking at Bucky "so" he replied and that's where our little awkward conversation started.

We discussed my life in Madripoor, we discussed his life and it was a nice catch-up but it just made me miss the family I lost.

Before we Knew it Sam was back with a new shirt and I put it on with a little bit of effort avoiding the stitches in my abdomen. I called the boys back in the room "white shirt was a bad idea" I said to Sam.

He looked down at the wound which was seeping red through the shirt slowly. "It'll be fine," I said lying back down tired from just putting the shirt on. I heard thumping footsteps and looked at the entrance to see Walker walk in he looked zombie-like, not good at all and I was slightly concerned despite the mutual hatred.

✪✪✪

Yh why'd he just get hairier 🙈