Stress

October 20, 1998

"You want to what?" Hermione asked.

"Party!" Pansy squealed. "A Halloween party."

"It is a good idea," Ginny commented taking a handful of popcorn from Hermione's bowl. They had decided to have a 'girls night' in Pansy's room.

"Fine," Hermione grumbled and Pansy squealed. "But you have to help me plan everything."

"Of course, I will," Pansy smirked.

"I don't like that face," Hermione said skeptically.

"But I do." Ginny grinned. "What is your plan?"

——————
October 21, 1998

"Your planning a what?" Theo asked. Hermione and Ginny had already left to plan the Halloween Party the next morning, while Pansy's morning was off to a much later start.

"A Halloween Party." Pansy rolled her eyes rubbing her temple, fighting her hangover from the night. "My bloody brilliant idea. Then I convinced Granger to do it— oh, and by the way, you three are going to help."

"I never agreed to that." "Nope." "Funny." The three Slytherins protested.

"Blaise, your girlfriend already signed you up. Theo, your boyfriend works at a bar, we need you. And Draco, you want brownie points with Hermione so you are obviously helping."

Blaise rolled his eyes, Theo frowned and Draco scoffed.

"Right, come on." Pansy waved them over.

"Now?" Draco asked.

"Hermione is rounding up all the prefects to plan. You need to know the plan." She held the portrait open for them. The three narrowed their eyes at her before begrudgingly standing up and walking out the door.

—————

"I think is quite a good idea." Professor McGonagall announced as the group of Slytherins entered the room.

"I was hoping we could cancel classes for November first as well," Hermione stated tentatively.

"That should be fine," Minerva mumbled.

"Right, so I will create a timeline and send it to you if that is alright."

"No need. I trust you, Hermione." McGonagall stated, frowning at her watch. "I must be going. I have a few parent-teacher conferences." She stopped on her march to the door. "I am glad you have allowed your fellow head to aid in the planning."

Hermione smirked, glancing at Malfoy.

------------

"Theo," Hermione stated. "Can you go down to your boyfriend's bar and ask Aberforth if we can order some Butterbeer and punch?"

"I would love to!" Theo grinned strutting to the door.

"I need you back by five Theo!" Hermione called after him.

"Plenty of time to do everything you want!" Theo called back. Hermione could hear the grin in his voice.

"I need you two." She pointed at Blaise and Draco. "To go down to Professor Sprout and ask how many pumpkins she can have ready by Halloween."

"Why does Nott get to hang out with his boyfriend while we do actual work," Malfoy complained.

"Because, Draco, if I didn't allow Theo to have time with his boyfriend then he would have no reason to help."

"We have no reason to help." Draco countered.

"Blaise's girlfriend going on a relationship hiatus is reason enough for him, and you." She paused looking from Blaise to Draco. "you are the Head Boy. And if you haven't noticed you haven't done any school patrols the last two months."