Christmas Sweaters

This is a beefy chapter so everyone strap in and I hope you enjoy the chaos of the Weasley holiday. It is one for the fucking books.

I love you and hope you enjoy!

December 23, 1998

Hermione woke to Draco's light snoring next to her, wrapped in each other's arms and legs, limbs tangled together. Hermione felt like every part of her was touching him.

The train back home for the holiday was leaving that day and Draco had whined and complained that he wasn't going to see Hermione for a whole five days the night before. She even had to promise to send him patronus updates through those five days before they fell asleep.

Hermione stretched against Draco yawing as she moved and Draco's arms pulled her even tighter against him strengthening his hold on her. Hermione snorted lightly to herself.

"D'not mock me, witch." Draco rumbled into her collar.

"I would never." Hermione teased brushing her fingers through his hair.

"I am going to miss you." He nuzzled his head into her collar.

Hermione sighed deeply, sadly. She would miss him too.

"Five days then we will be at Theo's, and we will have all the time we want together."

"Five days is too bloody long." Draco groaned frustratedly.

"I know. I am sorry, love. I will miss you too." Hermione kissed his hair grinning as she did.

Draco rolled them so he was laying on top of her. Hermione wrapped her legs around his waist holding him to her. They lay there holding each other in the bubble of his room. It made Hermione want to forget going to the burrow, to follow him to Nott Manor and stay the next three weeks off with him.

The lovely bubble broke when Ginny shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

"If you two aren't awake you need to be! The train is leaving in forty minutes."

Both Draco and Hermione groaned in protest. The countdown started. Draco lifted himself to hover over her. His eyes were tired and dark as he gazed at her. He maneuvered one arm so he could brush the curls away from her face. He sighed heavily his face hardening for a moment before he dipped coving her lips with his.

His lips were soft and heavy pressing emotions into each caress of his lips. Hermione returned with soft kisses. It was nice and lazy, an easy kiss.

"I don't want you to go." Draco's voice broke in, a growl against her lips.

"I don't want to leave." Hermione could feel the heat in her eyes that started when she was about to cry. "I promised Molly though." Her voice cracked and she pulled her lips away from his resting her forehead on his rubbing circles into his neck. "Family is big for her. She lost a child this year and— and to her, I have always been a daughter. I can't not go." She shook her head hoping that the tears wouldn't slip past her lashes.

"I am sorry, Hermione." Draco pulled back to look at her running his thumb across her cheek.

After a few moments, Hermione opened her eyes with a deep breath. "We need to get ready."

Draco took in a deep breath through his nose. "I know."

Draco pushed up resting on his haunches between her legs. He looked over her and then smiled down at her.

"What?" Hermione asked having tracked his movements.

"I will never stop loving seeing you in my clothes."