Christmas Part Two

I AM SORRY FOR NOT POSTING BUT IF YOU HAVE BEEN READING MY MESSAGES TO FANS, YOU WOULD KNOW I AM HALF WAY THROUGH MY FIRST YEAR OF UNI. I AM TRYING SO HARD TO BALANCE IT PLUS MY OWN NOVEL AND THIS FANFICTION. SADLY MY BOOK AND SCHOOL WORK COME FIRST. I WILL TRY TO UPDATE MORE FREQUENTLY BUT I CANNOT GARUNTEE ANYTHING. I DID HOWEVER SAY I WOULD HAVE THIS UP BY MARCH. SO HERE IS THE LONG AWAITED PIECE.

Briar's POV:

The presents, they were amazing. So many I could hardly believe they got me so much. I wiped the few stray tears as I turned to take the camera from Irma.

"I want one of the two of you!" I declared snapping at least three.

I handed the camera over to Irma looking to the mountain of things. "Why don't you put your things away then we head out for lunch in the great hall?" Dad suggested standing from his chair.

I nodded quickly snapping my fingers skipping off to my room. Today had to be the best day in existence. The things followed me to my room as I directed them where to go. My stuffed animals in the chest. My clothes away, bracelet on... Books on shelf! I closed the door quickly getting out of my pyjamas and slid into a dress I had received today it went so well with my new green robe. It was a white long sleeved dress that came to my knees. It had a pattern of green holly and red berries upon the chest. I slid on the robe over it and twirled. They were so warm. I went to my mirror and smiled. I was read -wait! I paused glancing up to see my hair was an absolute mess. I snapped my fingers watching the wild stray hairs tuck back in and redo my hair as new.

I exited my room with my wand in hand and smiled up to Irma and Dad who were both dressed as well in their normal robes. Irma beamed down to me clapping her hands.

"I told you Severus she would love the dress! It absolutely fits her so well." She trilled in delight.

"I never doubted she would." Dad replied before turning to me. "Briar, I do not mind you using magic to help you clean -Merlin knows how many witches and wizards do it. I do however want you to be using your wand, you are a powerful witch, it isn't common for children such as you to be able to wield magic with such control. I do wish for you to learn to say the spells aloud and be able to use your wand."

I frowned a bit at this. "I can use my wand just fine, I don't see the problem with being able to do things ahead of everyone else. Plus I would've had to go get my wand from my room, then speak out a spell. Why waste so much energy when I can snap my fingers and it is done?"

"Briar, you are a very powerful witch. We are both proud of you for what you can do. You see though Briar some people it takes years to master silent spells, it takes years to perfect wand less magic. It can quiet frankly scare people. We aren't saying this is bad, however do exercise caution with it." Irma explained gently.

I sighed. "Alright, I'll use my wand when I am in public but can I please not bother at home?"

"On the condition that you are studying the spells not just wishing it Briar, the majority of your first years are based upon the spells because unlike you most children must use these spells to get what they want." Dad continued.

"Alright! But enough with school, I'm getting hungry may we go get lunch?" I asked pouting a bit.

"Of course we can." Dad nodded opening the door.

I stepped out after Irma, we made it only a few steps from the door. The presents! I gasped scrambling back in. I held my wand out just to please Dad, "Accio Luna and Draco's gifts!"

"You don't need to yell Briar," Dad sighed pinching his nose.

Irma laughed holding his arm. "You asked her." She pointed out as we made our way up to the great hall.