Chapter five: Haunted Hogwarts express PT.1

Briar Rose POV:

A/N: What more than one update in a month? wow I've gotten bad at that.... Well there is two today! enjoy!!! 

Briar POV

Morning came early enough. With Mum, gently pressing on my shoulder. I peaked through sleep crusted eyes and grumbled. Her gentle smile sat upon her face. She had already placed make up on. I sat up slowly and rubbed my eyes. My window didn't exactly show the sun just yet, the grey sky wasn't even brightened.

"Why am I up before the sun?" I rasped out. I stretched my body out like a cat before flopping back.

"Because you, my dear, have a train to catch." She stated simply while she flipped on the overhead lamp with her wand. I flipped over and threw the covers over my head. I lazily snapped my fingers. "Briar is this really the way to start the school year?" She huffed,

"Last time the sun was at least up!" I protested, while wrestling to keep the covers on.

"Briar, your pancakes are getting cold, if you don't get up now you can wait until the Hogwarts dinner." Dad warned from somewhere in the hall.

I shot up and threw the covers off. "You could've mentioned food."

I need to be dressed! I need food! my stomach protested it's own thoughts quite loudly. Pink jumper, grey skirt, and school tights, might as well be half ready. I almost tripped myself as the clothes came flying on me and my night gown went flying off. I yawned loudly while my shirt pulled over my head. I want braids. I finished off we a soft pink ribbon at the end of the braids.

"Briar, your wand..." Mama sighed.

"Oops." I shrugged and grabbed it from my dresser.

Daddy sat on his usual chair and was reading the news paper as we came out of my bedroom. I zeroed in on the stack on pancakes. It wasn't a lie. I grinned and rushed to the table.

"Briar, with you staying in the dorms this year, you really need to control your magic. You know, use your wand more." Daddy spoke up from the paper.

"Sorry." I flushed and took a giant bite.

Always a good way to be starting the morning. I glanced over to Mum who was eating her own food. "This morning Briar, you will be going to the station with Luna, is that alright?"

I dropped my fork. "My best friend? Of course! That's a silly question."

"What your mother means, is that it will unfortunately just be the two of you going, you will be taking a car to the station. You're mother and I need to arrive at the school in less than half an hour, we have duties to attend to." Daddy placed his copy of the Daily Prophet down.

I didn't have time to ask when a knock at the door echoed out. I perked up and pushed away from the door. I quickly unlocked it and swung it open. There in a bright yellow jumper and trousers Luna stood. I gasped at seeing her hair half it's length and pulled back from her face. Her light eyes shone as she grinned.