Chapter 7: Briar who?

A/N: LOOK A RANDOM UP DATE :D 

  Briar Rose POV:

"Wake up!"

I jolted out of bed with a scream, limbs flailing and heart pounding. I blinked a few times. I heard laughing coming from all around. I shot Pansy a glare, she was bent over red faced. I pushed the blankets from my feet and stood up. I fixed my night gown.

"Mornin' Briar." Sarah drawled as she stretched.

Millicent, Pansy, and some other girl were present. Fawn and Piper seemed to be long gone. I went over to my trunk rubbing my eyes. I hadn't placed anything away yet in the dresser. I grabbed my green house coat and put it on.

"Why couldn't we meet tonight?" I grumbled as I sat down beside Pansy.

"Because knowing Draco he's got the stairs slicked up or something." She replied.

"I heard him this morning, he was laughing about something." The fourth girl rolled her eyes. "I don't believe we've met, I'm Daphne Greengrass."

I offered a half smile, I could see her give a little huff. She reminded me of those girls I'd seen once, coming out of this old school in London. They had thrown rocks at me as they exited their iron gates on their way home. I shook my head a bit and sat up a bit.

"A pleasure," I nodded.

"I heard you're adopted, what family are you from?"

  I stiffened slightly as I stared over at her. She had darker blonde hair than myself, Her hazel eyes looked me up and down, a smirk forced a dimple into her cheek. She was older than I was, it showed. I flushed a bit and cleared my throat.

"Do you even know?" She pressed.

"You've really never mentioned the family your from." Sarah agreed, her nosy nature was getting the best of her.

"Are you even pure-blood?" Pansy's nose wrinkled, a familiar disdain flashed onto her face.

"Well, Dad said not to say...." I muttered aloud. I fiddled with the ends of my robe.

"Why would he say that? You're not a mudblood are you, or a blood traitor!" Daphne gasped.

I shook my head. "No, my family were from the wizarding community."

"You mentioned they were Canadian." Pansy snapped her fingers. "Yeah, you stuck up to Draco and said you were Canadian."

I did hadn't I? I groaned and stood up. I went to my trunk. I tossed the lid open and dug passed my clothes and into a small box, I took out the picture of my parents, the one where My mother was seven months pregnant. I had my father's blonde hair, and my mother's face. I shook as I turned, should I be doing this? All of them seemed to be dancing on the edges of the bed.