Halloween

Briar POV:

"Just one more snip there... And we're good!" Luna beamed.

I nodded placing my own scissors down and wiped my forehead. Luna and I had spent the past month working on our halloween costumes. We had finally decided on something that would pop at the small party the school was having with candy and games for the first to fourth years. The older years from fifth to seventh it was a party of their own. I was surprised how well the turned out.

On my own exact size as me mannequin was a light silvery emerald dress that went to my feet. It puffed out slightly but not too much. The under skirts were white with silver tones and the top layer was an iced layer of emerald for the satin layer that had a lacy layer of silver. The sleeves were long but it was off the shoulders. A crown laid over top to be nestled into my loosely curled hair. I had silver slippers that had a small heel to walk in. I was excited to be dressed as Sleeping beauty. Luna suggested it after Dad conjured a tv of sorts to play us a disney movie sleeping beauty for us. I was going as Aurora. Luna was giggling and running around hers.

Her long hair was tied up into a tight but with a long gold ribbon dangling down and they trailed in the air as she moved around. She was in gold tights and a gold one piece and her arms in a golden mesh as well. Her mannequin held a gold circle of a golden plush. She slid it on and tied the extra mesh to her arms to act as wings. I smiled slipping into my dress and wished my hair be perfect with light makeup dad allowed for this one day.

"Sleeping beauty," Dad spoke up from the door of my room. "And a snitch I assume, Luna?"

"Yes sir! I'm going as a snitch. I liked the idea." She murmured airily.

"Indeed, girls are you ready to go? The feast is ready and your party is about to begin." Dad informed us holding our robes to us.

He handed us our scarves to be warm more or less. "Dad what are you going as."

"A boring potions master." He said deadpanned. I raised my brow in question. "I'm going as a vampire maybe start new rumours how I suck blood if you fail my class."

I smirked and Luna chuckled. "I hope I don't fail then."

"You are a brilliant girl Luna I have no problem with you in my class." Dad offered and opened the door to the living quarters.

He lead us out and up to the great hall. Luna joined me at the Slytherin table as usual. The Slytherin's accepted her and mostly ignored her.

I reached the table and bid Dad good dinner and turned to sit. Draco soon sat right down beside me. He had his robe over a metal chest plate with the Slytherin house crest engraved with it. He had a fake sword beside him and a helmet on the ground. He smiled.

"Luna, Briar you look lovely. A princess and a snitch? Original Lovegood." He smirked at us.

"Thank you Draco, you look dashing as a knight or are you a Prince?" I asked curiously.

"A prince who was knighted but a prince works too." He shrugged still smiling along.

"You look like a Slytherin Prince." I commented with a slight flush fill my cheeks.

"And you the Slytherin Princess. Briar Rose Slytherin Princess, sounds good." Draco retorted but began to ponder.

"You two make a lovely royal couple." Luna said delighted taking note in how they matched.

"Yes our prince has a princess." A voice spoke up with some laughter and Draco turned to them scowling as did the girls.

"Crabbe and Goyle you baboons." He sneered.