Prologue

"GET HIM!!" shouted a cloaked guard wearing a cream-colored falcon-shaped mask with cyan netted lines.

A group of cloaked men wearing masks like him, only with different net colors, obeyed and chased after another man.

He was wearing a ragged purple dress suit, a pair of tattered black slacks, a pair of middy black leather shoes, and a brown ragged cloak to top it all up. He also had a wrinkled black top hat on.

But what will catch one's eye would be the ragged blanket covering something that he's cradling in his arms.

A fire spell was cast by one of the guards, making a wall of fire appear in front of the man. The man made an abrupt stop and turned to an alley and continued to run. Leaving behind his hat that flew off his head.

When he reached the outskirts of town, he continued to make his way towards the dark forest.

The werewolves howled, and the three-eyed owls hooted. It was the dead of night after all.

The man stopped when he could no longer hear the guards.

He looked up and spotted a clearing. He made his way towards it, the moonlight shone upon his face.

He was a thirty year-old man with light tan skin, green-blue eyes, and wavy auburn hair.

The man looked down at the blanket that he was holding. He unwrapped one part, showing a baby that was suddenly awakened from its peaceful slumber. It opened its eyes and smiled at the man, reaching out its small hands in an attempt to touch the man's face.

Though tired, the man smiled upon seeing the baby's face.

"It will all be over soon, my love," he spoke, giving a kiss on the baby's forehead.

The baby took this as an opportunity to tap the man's chin. It laughed.

The man then stood straight and held the baby close.

"Reina!" he called out. "Reina! Show yourself!"

At that moment, a raven bird made up of cyan magic flew from the sky and gestured for the man to follow it. Then it flew ahead.

The man followed with a confused face, his hand shielding the baby from the wind and any other object.

The bird then flew straight to a tree and disappeared. And from behind that same tree, a cloaked man stepped out into view.

"Frederick?" the man asked, confusion laced on his tone.

Frederick nodded as he pushed back the hood of his cloak. He had fair skin, brown eyes, and grayish black hair. He's wearing hunting attire underneath his black cloak.

"My wife is taking care of our daughter, Felix," the man spoke. "She can't come."

Felix nodded as a reply.

"Your wife?"

Felix frowned. "She got petrified," he responded.

"Split up! He won't be far!" a guard yelled from a distance.

"We must hurry," Felix said, putting up a stern look.

Frederick nodded and took out a briefcase from behind him. It had a gold handle and a dragon's eye was poking out on one side. He threw it to the side, and it unfolded on its own.

It turned into a door, opening a portal to another world.

"You must hurry," Frederick said. "I will put up an illusion to keep them busy."