01 Principal's Call

15 years later...
"Calling the attention of Madeline Anderson, please report to the Principal's office," a male voice echoed through the empty hallways of the school, via the intercom speakers.

The students of Room 103, otherwise known as the English Literature classroom, buzzed with whispers. But they all did one thing in common.

They kept on glancing at the girl at the center of the room.

She had light tan skin and bright baby blue eyes. But her most prominent feature would be her curly multi-colored hair. It was in shades of mint, lavender, and white. She's currently wearing a purple shirt, a pair of blue jeans that had yellow horizontally arranged zig zags printed on them, and a pair of white sneakers with yellow soles. She also had a purple teacup hair lip on her hair.

The teacher, a middle-aged woman with graying hair, looked at her and nodded.

Madeline stood up from her seat and shoved her notebook and pencil case into her bag. She picked up her textbook and fantasy novel, and then headed to the door to leave.

But as she walked down the aisle, she stumbled and fell to the floor.

"Watch it, klutz!" a girl with short blonde hair with messily dyed blue and purple highlights yelled at her.

She's wearing a purple shirt topped with a black leather jacket, a pair of red jeans, and a pair of black ankle boots.

The rest of the class laughed at Madeline as the closest students to her kicked her.

The teacher shushed them, making everyone stop with what they were doing. Madeline took this as an opportunity to stand up and gather her things.

"Courtly, please report to the Vice Principal's office," the teacher spoke as soon as Madeline opened the door.

The sound of hands slamming onto a desk echoed in the room, freezing Madeline at her place.

"What did I do?" Courtly retorted as she stood up.

The teacher sighed as she put up a fist and began counting. "One, you tripped Maddie right in front of me--"

"I didn't!" Courtly defended, clearly offended. "She's either blind, or she wasn't looking at where she was going!"

"You tripped her on purpose," the teacher responded in a calm and contained manner. "Two, you are disrespectful, both to your classmate and your teacher. And three, how dare you question authority?"

Courtly swallowed the lump that somehow formed in her throat. She knew she couldn't respond to that.

"Go to the Vice Principal's office, Ms. Jester," the teacher ordered, her calmness made shivers run up the students' spines.

Unlike Maddie, Courtly didn't gather her stuff. The blonde made her way towards the door, violently brushing shoulders with the tri-colored haired girl.

"Move, you stupid freak!" Courtly yelled as she walked past the other girl. She then took the lead down the hall.

Maddie followed the girl, closing the door behind her. She was supposed to go in the same direction as well.

"My father would hear of this public humiliation," Courtly grumbled under her breath, her hands tightly balling into fists.

Maddie frowned from behind her, hugging her books close to her chest.

"You kind of deserve it," she mumbled.

Courtly came to an abrupt halt, making Maddie bump onto her back. She then sharply turned to face the multi-colored haired girl.

"What did you just say?" Courtly asked, squinting at the shorter girl.

Maddie looked straight at the girl's eyes and said, "I said, you deserve it."

She knew she should've kept her mouth shut. Because the moment the last word slipped out, the blonde gripped her by the collar and shoved her against a locker.

Courtly was fuming. "Don't you ever talk back to me, you freak!" she whispered to Maddie's now color-drained face.

The blonde let her go and walked. Maddie followed suit, only for Courtly to make an abrupt turn and punched and kicked her hard at the stomach.

Maddie dropped to the ground, sputtering as she gripped her abdomen. Courtly just walked ahead.

The intercom beeped again.

"Again, calling the attention of Madeline Anderson, please report to the Principal's office."

Maddie stood up and picked up her stuff again. She then headed for the office.

Only to find a woman in her 30's sitting in front of the desk.

She had light tan skin, green eyes, and long brown hair tied back to a bun. She's wearing a set of cell blue scrubs and a pair of white crocs.

Behind the desk was a man with fair skin, black hair, and brown eyes. He's wearing a long-sleeved white button up, a pair of black slacks, and a pair of brown loafers.

The man gestured at Maddie and to the empty seat in front of him.

"Ms. Anderson, please take a seat," he said in a gentle voice.

Maddie set her bag down on the chair and did what she was told.

The man then looked at the woman and Maddie and back.

He sighed. "We're here to talk about your daughter's book report for her Book Club meeting."

A smile crept up Maddie's lips as the lunch bell rang.