04 Departure

The next day, Madeline walked up to her mother's sleeping form on the couch and placed a white blanket on her. 

Maddie's now wearing a teal hoodie, a pair of purple jeans, and a pair of black high tops. She also had her hat hair clip on her hair. 

She then went on to the kitchen and decided to just heat her leftover pizza from the night before inside the microwave, making a mug of morning tea in the process. 

When she had finished eating, however, she noticed that it was still very early for her to go to school. So she made her mother some late breakfast that can also double as brunch. 

After making her special omelette and a salad, and writing down a note, Maddie skipped back to the couch and gave her mother a kiss on the forehead. 

Marie's sleeping form smiled and said, "Love you too, Maria." 

Maddie smiled. She knew her mom misses her twin. Her long lost aunt. She only heard stories about her. But those were enough, because those were where she found out that her mom and her aunt were close. 

Maddie shook her head and took her backpack, rechecking if she had put the omelette inside the refrigerator. She then took her thermos bottle, which she lost two days ago, and filled it with tea. She secured it inside her bag, not wanting to lose it again as she will resort to bringing a thermos pot to school if she did. 

And this girl cannot live without tea. 

Once she was done, she was off to school with her bicycle. 

The ride was quicker than usual. Probably because her list of bullies was down one person at the moment. 

But her luck suddenly went down the drain when she was immediately shoved onto a locker door the second she walked in. 

"Are you happy now?!" Courtly yelled, a garbage bag filled with the stuff from her locker was slung on one shoulder. And she was still wearing the clothes she had on the previous day. 

"What did I do?!" Maddie asked. 

"You humiliated me!" Courtly shouted at the girl's face, keeping an aggressive hold of the tri-colored haired girl's collar. 

"But I just got here!" 

"Yeah," Courtly spat at her. "And you should've been the one suspended just by existing." 

"Wh-what's that supposed to mean?" Maddie asked, confused. Only to get kicked at the crotch. She groaned in pain. 

Courtly scoffed. "You think you can just waltz in here because you thought you're so special since you can do impossible stuff," the blonde began. "Well guess what? You're just plain weird!" 

"We all have something weird about us, Courtly!" 

"No we don't! You never should have been born, Madeline Anderson!" Courtly set down the bag and raised her fist, ready to give a blow on the girl's face. 

"What is the meaning of this??" Principal Moss asked, his voice echoing through the halls. 

Courtly froze at the sound of the man's voice.

"Well...? Can somebody explain?" the principal asked. 

Courtly then put on an innocent smile. "I was on my way out of school with my stuff, when Maddie smacked me on the back of my head. She said she was mad at me and I only did what I had to do to defend myself," she lied. 

"Yeah… Nope," the principal said. "That is not how your conversation sounds like." He then clasped his hands to gather and nodded to the direction of the door. "Go home, Courtly."