38 Magic-ish Class

In a dungeon, somewhere in the land, a man was sewing.

He was wearing wrinkled clothing; a faded purple button-up dress shirt and a pair of beige slacks. And his brown dress shoes were worn from age.

His outgrown auburn hair was disheveled. His skin was pale from lack of sunlight. And his eyes were red from exhaustion.

Just then, the iron bars of his cell creaked open.

"What do you want?" the man asked, not looking up from his work.

"Oh, Felix," a regal voice spoke through the darkness. "Don't be like that to your old friend."

"We were never friends, Snow," he spat out, finishing off the stitches on the uniform he's been sewing.

The woman chuckled as she stepped out from the shadows.

She was wearing a white button-up shirt, a pair of black flared slacks, and a pair of black heels. Her long lightly curled hair was down.

"That may be true," the woman spoke. "But I don't suppose that you still consider Reina as your friend after all these years, and after everything that she has done."

Felix froze after hearing the Evil Queen's name. But he quickly gained his composure.

"She was much more of a friend than you could ever be," Felix responded before he resumed what he was doing.

"Oh? Even after she cursed your homeland?"

"You provoked her."

"I could not remember doing such a thing."

Felix tied up the last stitch and cut off the thread. "You harmed one of the people that she held dear."

"Well, I needed more statues in my collection, Hatter."

Felix sighed. "If you want a chat, don't bother me. I have a lot of uniforms to make as per your order." He then stood up to hang the shirt that he had just finished making.

"Still hung up from the death of your wife?"

Felix froze on his tracks and turned to the woman with a mad look. "Don't you dare talk about her."

Snow only chuckled before she turned her back on him and began to head towards the cell door. However, once she had reached it, she stopped on her tracks.

"By the way, I have heard word that there's another human walking around the streets of Ever After--"

"I don't care," Felix replied with a sharp tone.

Snow scoffed and stepped out of the cell. The door creaked shut behind her once she did.

Felix turned around and hung the piece of cloth alongside the others.

He then sighed.

"I don't want to hear about another human… Unless it is my Madeline that you're speaking of," he mumbled to himself.

~~~

Madeline sat on her bed with her friends. Well, most of them.

Raven was standing in front of them.

"So, what are we learning today?" Maddie asked.

"Well, we'll start with a question…" Cerise spoke as she turned to Maddie. "Where do you think magic comes from?"

"Uh…" Maddie looked around before looking back at the hooded girl. "The heart?"

Darling bit her lip. "Not technically."