25 Red

Slight TW: blood
Huge double doors opened and gave way to what seems to be a throne room.

It was dimly lit with candles, making shadows dance on the floor and the walls.

Up ahead, three thrones with red cushions were placed on a slightly elevated platform. But only the middle one was occupied.

Selene entered, holding her injured hand tightly to add pressure into it. She may have the magic to heal injuries, but she already tried and couldn't for some reason.

And that attempt of hers only made the cut grow in size.

"Wrap up that bloody hand of yours!" a voice commanded from up ahead.

Selene winced, but she shakily did so. With her uninjured hand, she snapped her fingers and bandages wrapped around the bloody hand. With a hiss, she looked up at the person seated at the throne.

"Empress White," Selene said as she went down on one knee and bowed.

"What do you have to say for yourself?" the woman on the throne asked, her voice echoing through the empty room.

Selene looked up, looking at the woman at the face.

The woman had luscious black hair, blood red lips, bright blue eyes, and a pale complexion. And she was wearing a cream dress shirt, a pair of black flared slacks, and a pair of black stiletto heels.

"My apologies, Snow," Selene responded as she stood up. "It turns out, the human girl is much smarter than I had originally thought."

Snow White didn't reply to this. Instead, she let her eyes wander over to the bandage that covered the fairy's hand.

Selene caught sight of this and pulled her injured hand behind her.

"Did that human inflict that injury upon you?" Snow White asked, now looking sternly at Selene's face.

Selene nodded. "She had this iron sword, which I assume came from the Charming Estate. It had one of these sapphire-encrusted pommels."

"She must've taken it from the Confiscations Vault when she was here yesterday," Snow put in.

Selene only shrugged in response.

Snow groaned, very unlady-like of her. "Never mind that," Snow said. "Because you did not finish the mission, I'll give you another chance."

Selene nodded firmly. "Thank you. I will not let you down, Empress White."

"I am sure you wouldn't," Snow commented. "You are dismissed."

And with that, Selene left the room.

~~~

In a flash of dark purple light, the small group arrived inside the Queens' household.

Maddie looked at Raven with concern as she, Lizzie, and Reina carried her to the black-haired girl's room.

"Is she 'really' going to be okay?" Maddie asked.

Reina sighed. "She only got thrown to a tree and got unconscious, Maddie," she responded. "She didn't get any injuries from that. I hope."

Maddie furrowed her eyebrows and looked up at the woman.

Reina sighed. "She'll be fine, Maddie," she assured. The woman then looked over to the black-and-red haired girl. "Thank you for helping us back there, but you should probably head back," she said.

Maddie turned to look at Lizzie.

Lizzie only nodded to the woman and headed out of the room. She was limping a little, Maddie noticed.