33 Leaving School

It has been a few minutes since they left the Castleteria in a rush. And Maddie, who was sitting on the teacher's desk, was watching Raven pace back and forth before her in the empty classroom they had hidden themselves in.

"Raven, please stop. You're making me dizzy," Cerise groaned from the front-row desk that she was sitting on.

Raven, however, did not stop. She just pinched the bridge of her nose and inhaled.

"Maybe Apple will have detention or will be suspended after what she did," Maddie tried to lighten up the mood.

But she figured out that that will not be the case since the blonde that was mentioned is, in fact, the daughter of the land's supreme ruler.

"That will not happen at all," Raven responded, stopping her pacing to look at the tri-colored-haired girl. "And never after because she is also the Headmaster's favorite." Her voice was dripping with frustration.

Maddie looked at Cerise. But the hooded girl was looking down and tapping her finger on the desk table that she was on. So the tri-colored-haired girl looked back at the black-haired sorceress.

"You have to leave the school, because things will not go great if you stayed," Raven continued with her arms now crossed.

Maddie looked down and bit her lip.

'Maybe I should've listened to Reina when she said that school was dangerous.'

Raven began to ramble.

"Because you're not an actual student, he would probably feed you to the wolves. Or be sent to the Penitentiary. Or be lo--"

"Raven!" Cerise whined. "Not helping."

Raven sighed loudly.

"Whatever. But don't get me wrong, Maddie. You have been a great temporary student," Raven continued. "But that princess will tell on us once she gets the chance. And you will, or the three of us will, be toast when he finds us here."

And as if on cue, the wooden door creaked open.

The three girls stood up and watched the object swing open.

Holding the knob from the other side was none other than Apple White with a smirk on her face.

At that, Maddie, unconsciously, hid behind Raven.

The girl stepped to the side, letting another person walk inside the room.

It was a tall man with a fair complexion, shaggy gray-white hair, and green eyes. And he was wearing a white dress shirt with a blue tie, a royal blue robe, a pair of black slacks, and a pair of black dress shoes.

'What is with these teachers and robes?' Maddie thought. 'They look almost as if they came from that other magic school.'

"Uh oh," Maddie caught Apple mouthing the expression, now with a sweet smile on her face.

"Miss Hood and Miss Queen," the man acknowledged each with a nod. "Miss White has told me that you cheated on today's Potions Assignment. I was about to give Miss Queen more hextra credit for urging Miss Hood, and detention to Miss Hood for following. But she told me about another thing."

That was when his gaze zeroed in on Maddie's direction.

"Who are you?" the man asked.

Maddie bit her lip at the question, but she did not move from her position.

The man frowned and drew a blue spell circle.

Maddie felt magic around her. And she saw the same shade of blue light surrounding her and it made her levitate right in front of the man. She knew that she was frozen in place when the light did not disappear.