Chapter 9

(Y/n) Pov

We entered a small room without windows. It reminded me of an interrogation room, and that's probably what it was supposed to be. There was a table in the middle and four chairs around it. Sam, holding me by the arm, led me to one of the chairs and told me to sit down. After I did so, he sat down across from me. Natasha, who now also came into the room and closed the door, leaned against the wall.

"So..." Sam said in a serious voice, leaning forward a bit before continuing. "The whole thing goes like this. I ask questions you answer. Simple or ?" I nodded hesitantly and looked at the woman with the red hair. She was still leaning against the wall with an expressionless face. "All right, let's get started. First question: Where is the Hydra base?" The what? I looked at him irritated because I neither knew what Hydra was nor where its base was. "What base?" Sam turned to Natasha. She just shrugged her shoulders. "Okay, we can fool around on our own! I'm going to ask you again. Where is the Hydra base?" he said, a little louder this time. "What is Hydra?" I asked now and also I became a little louder. "Mhh let me think about it" Sam answered, playing ignorant. "Ahh wasn't that the science department of the Nazis, which is now planning to wipe out the whole of America with the help of a biological weapon? Yes, I think that was them!" he shouted angrily and I flinched in fright. What had he just said? "And why do you think I know that ? I didn't even know what that was until just now." Annoyed, the man looked at me. "Why do I have to explain everything here? I ask questions, you answer. But well then so be it. Because you are a Hydra agent!". "A what?". He wanted to take me for a fool. Annoyed, he exhaled before turning to Natasha. "I'll get it," she said without Sam saying anything.

After a few minutes, she came back into the room. She slammed a folder on the table in front of me and stood behind me. Then she opened the folder. Inside was a kind of wanted poster. One photo showed a young woman who looked amazingly like me. "Alina Stephens. Born July 14, 1998 in Houston. Mother Jessica Stephens, father Oliver Stephens. Started training at Hydra in 2007. Moved on quickly. In 2015, she joined Hydra's espionage unit. Since then, she has been deployed to 14 different countries as a spy under assumed names. Currently involved in Project Tauri and thus an enemy of the state." Counted Natasha while leaning over my shoulder, which made me nervous. "Wait a minute! You think I'm Alina...Stephens?!" I looked at her in confusion. Natasha leaned to my ear and said softly in a raspy voice, "Isn't that you?". A tingle ran through my body and I got goose bumps. It took me a moment to regain my composure and answer, "No! My name is not Alina Stephens, my name is (Y/n) (Y/l/n). I was also not born in Houston in 1998, but in Oakland in 2002. The only other country I've ever been to is Mexico and most importantly, I'm not a spy, let alone an assassin!" I replied, my words flying over each other because I was talking so fast. Neither Sam nor Natasha seemed to have expected this. They looked at each other in confusion before turning their attention back to me. "Don't play games with us," Sam said seriously, looking deep into my eyes, as if looking for something to prove that I was telling the truth. "I am not lying. Just look at the picture. We look frighteningly alike, but she has a small mole under her right eye. I don't have it," I tried to explain. "It can be removed," Sam said dryly. "Well then..." I briefly glanced over the file and actually discovered something. "Then take a look here. It says here that she is 1.71 m tall. I am only 1.68 m tall." Hopefully, I looked first at Sam and then at Natasha, who was still standing behind me. But they seemed unimpressed. The woman exhaled noisily and her cold breath raised goose bumps again. I turned to her and gave her a, do you have to stand there, look. When she noticed this she said curtly ,, What ?" and kept standing there demonstratively. So I turned back to the folder and let it happen. Suddenly she bent even closer to me. At first I wanted to protest, but when I saw that she was looking at the picture in the file with an interested look, I let her do it. But when one of her curls fell on my shoulder and stroked the back of my neck, I cringed. This woman made me more than just nervous.She must have noticed this too, because she smiled happily. "Maybe we should try Tony's machine, Sam." she said, and he looked at her puzzled. "Why is that?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. "Because now I'm not so sure either. They actually look very similar but there are small differences." "All right, let's take them to the lab," Sam said. Then he stood up, took me by the arm again and led me outside. Natasha followed us.

As we walked through the building, which was huge by the way, I could see that the sun was already rising outside. So it must have been a while since I was picked up by the crazy troop and brought here. My parents and Lizzie must have been worried sick. I wonder what they were doing right now ?

Lizzie Pov

By now it was already 7 o'clock in the morning. I hadn't been able to sleep all night. Again and again my thoughts circled around (Y/n). How was she doing ? Where was she ? Every time I heard a noise in front of the house, I immediately ran to the window, hoping that (Y/n) would be standing outside waiting for someone to let her in. But each time it had been a false alarm. Once it was one of the neighbor's cats, the other time a raccoon looking for something edible in the trash can, but never had it been my girlfriend. At some point I had gone into the kitchen and made myself something to eat. Apparently, however, I had not been quiet enough, because after a short time my father stood in the kitchen and looked at me pityingly. He couldn't sleep either, so now we were sitting together on the porch of our house watching the sunrise. Then I decided to call (Y/n) parents. Maybe they had some news."Hello Lizzie?" it sounded on the other end of the line. It was (Y/n) father. "Yes, hello, mister (Y/l/n)." "Is she with you?" he asked, and it tore my heart out to hear him so desperate. "No, unfortunately not. She is apparently not with you either," I answered his question and sighed. "No. She has been gone for 16 hours now. I am very worried Lizzie. She would never stay gone that long." I nodded, knowing full well that Mister (Y/l/n) couldn't see that. Then I replied, "Yes, but she is brave. Whatever happened to her she will get through this and then she will come back." I tried to cheer him up. "Let's hope so." he replied in a sad voice, "Is that Lizzie?" I heard a voice in the background, "Yes, she just called." Some strange noises sounded then I heard the voice of (Y/n) mother. "Lizzie do you have any news?" "No, I'm afraid I don't. How are you?" "Well, according to circumstances. Would you and your father like to come over for breakfast? Then we won't be all alone," she suggested. "Yes, with pleasure. That's very nice of you. So in an hour ?" I asked and smiled. There was no better breakfast, I already knew that. Maybe this would improve my mood a little. "Perfect then see you in an hour." We said goodbye and I went into the house to get ready. Hopefully nothing bad had happened (y/n).