Chapter 13

Natasha Pov

I was still a little annoyed that Steve had barged into my room earlier without knocking. Something so embarrassing hadn't happened to me in a long time. But now I didn't want to let it spoil my mood. Finally I had a wonderful reason to be happy. (Y/n) had clung closely to me and rested her head on my shoulder while we walked through the corridors of the facility. Normally body closeness bothered me, but not with her. It felt good to have her so close to me. What was she doing with me?

First, I showed her the bedrooms. She seemed really impressed by how many lived here. "And who lives there?" she asked while pointing to one of the doors. "This is Wanda's room. But you'll get to know her later," I explained as I continued walking. "What do you mean?" the girl wanted to know. "I asked Steve to arrange a meeting with everyone. That was also the reason why he stormed into my room before." "Oh, I see," she returned thoughtfully, before continuing. "And that's where I'm going to meet everyone ?" "Yes, that's right. But if you have any questions, you're welcome to ask them now." I gave her to understand to avoid unpleasant situations later. "If I have questions? Of course I have questions! For example, who is the guy with the metal arm? And why is one of them so completely red? What is that yellow thing on his forehead ? And-" it gushed out of her and I had to interrupt her to answer all her questions. ""Slowly, slowly. So the guy with the metal arm is called Bucky. He owes his arm to Hydra. They found him after an accident on a mission with Steve and turned him into a weapon. It only reappeared two years ago. Bucky and Steve know each other from childhood. But if you have more questions about him, you better ask me. He's actually a nice guy but he doesn't like to talk about his past. The red one is called Vision. He was created with the help of the Infinity Stone in his head. He actually knows pretty much everything, can fly and walk through walls. He is with Wanda." I tried to answer all her questions. "Wow, you guys are really funny," she said and I had to laugh.

Next I showed her the training rooms and the adjacent showers. "Here you will spend a lot of time. There is everything you need to train," I told her, while I carried her past all the equipment. "Wow. Who pays for all this?" she wanted to know. "Tony. He inherited his father's gun company, but turned it around pretty quickly after he was kidnapped and forced to build one of those guns. Instead, he built his Ironman suit to escape and now keeps improving it over the years." "I read about that in the paper, but I had no idea THAT was Tony Stark," she told me incredulously.

After I showed her the meeting rooms, the labs, the outside facilities and the hospital wing, we went to the cafeteria. "There's always food and drink here, of course." The girl looked around enthusiastically. "It's amazing," was the only thing she managed to say. When I glanced at the clock, I saw that almost an hour had passed and we would soon meet in the common room. Gosh, the time had passed quickly. As if on cue, Wanda and Vision came running into the cafeteria hand in hand. "Well, you two," Wanda said and gave me a conspiratorial look. I just rolled my eyes and gave them a curt nod. "This is Wanda and Vision, right?" came a voice from my back. "Yeah, watch out for Wanda, she can read minds," I said, because I didn't want any more awkward situations to arise when we were about to meet the others. "Ok that's creepy." stated (Y/n) and I nodded laughing before saying "Yeah but other than that Wanda is very nice." Then I too made my way to the common room.

(Y/n) Pov

I had really enjoyed the tour of the Facility, as everyone here called it. It was amazing how big it was and, above all, how well equipped it was. I had been especially fascinated by the spacious grounds. But also the training room had surprised me quite a bit. Strangely enough, I had come to terms with the fact that I would be living here with the crazy troupe for the next few weeks. Only the fact that Wanda could read thoughts still worried me a little. Now we entered a large room that was comfortably furnished. A few sofas, a foosball table, a big TV, a table and many other things were standing around. Through a large glass front we could see the spacious meadow and the adjacent forest. Apart from us and Wanda and Vision, only Steve was there so far. He sat relaxed on one of the sofas and grinned at Natasha when we entered the room. Carefully, the redhead set me down next to him and I immediately noticed that I was getting colder now that I no longer had body heat from Natasha. The latter seemed to have noticed that I was cold as well, so she quickly fetched me a blanket. She covered me before squeezing herself between Steve and me. Silently we sat there for a few minutes while one by one everyone arrived. The last to arrive was a man in his early thirties with dark brown hair. He blew Natasha an air kiss, which I wasn't sure if it was serious or just for fun, then he sat down on an empty chair.

"Well...I'll just break the awkward silence now." came a voice to my right and I quickly realized that it belonged to Steve. "How about we all just introduce ourselves so that (Y/n) can get to know each other a little better. After that, we can discuss anything that comes up." When no great response came, Steve decided to just start himself. "Well, I'm Steve. We already know each other a bit," he said and grinned a bit, which raised some questioning looks. But he just waved and passed the word to the guy with the metal arm I already knew as Bucky. It turned out that the man who had previously thrown the kiss to Natasha, or Nat as some here called her, was named Clint. The boy with the almost white hair was Pietro, Wanda's twin brother, who seemed to get along quite well with Peter, one of the youngest. The man with the strange sticks on his legs turned out to be Rhody. I already knew the rest.

"So do you have any questions now?" Tony wanted to know. "Um, I can't think of any right away. But I'll just introduce myself. I am, as I think you all already know, (Y/n). I live with my parents in San Francisco. In fact, which is a bit of a surprise to myself, I'm actually a little bit looking forward to the next few weeks with you guys." Everyone laughed briefly. "Yeah, I guess that's it," I finished my short talk, since I couldn't think of anything else to say because of my excitement. If Lizzie had been here, she would have helped me directly and listed all possible things. But as it looked I had to get along without her. "Well thank you (Y/n)! Then now the things we should discuss briefly." Tony said now. "Yes, about the fact that (Y/n) can't just leave home without explanation and without her parents worrying. We were thinking that you call Tony and tell him that she got an internship at Stark Industries. To make sure she doesn't get too distracted by her personal life and can give it up for a little while, we would have taken her right away. You would have to do that personally, though, because they (Y/n) probably wouldn't believe it," Nat explained and everyone listened intently. When she was finished, Tony spoke up again. "That's not a bad idea. I'll do it right after. Would you like to talk to them for a moment then?" he asked me and I nodded eagerly. "Good. That also solves the clothes problem. Provided you don't want to walk around in Natasha's clothes for the next few weeks, I'll send Happy to your parents to get your clothes and whatever else you need. You can make a list of everything later," he told me now. "Yes, that's good. Thank you." I answered him quickly. I actually didn't mind walking around in Natasha's clothes. The next moment I remembered that I shouldn't have thought that. Wanda grinned at me and I quickly understood that she had read my thoughts. Well, that started well!

"The next problem would be with your room. We still have one free, but it is completely empty. That means you can choose the furniture you want, but it also means that you can't sleep anywhere except in the infirmary, and I wouldn't want to put you through that. It smells more like disinfectant there than in a hospital," Tony continued. We all thought about it for a moment, but Steve seemed to have an idea. "So how about sleeping with one of us. After all, we all have double beds and thus enough space. For example, at-" "Natasha!" Wanda shuted, interrupting him. "That was exactly what I was going to-" When he realized why Wanda had said exactly what he had just thought, he stopped talking and I had to smile. "Sure, why not. If you don't mind?" said Nat and nudged me in the side encouragingly. "Yeah, no...well, no, I don't mind," I stammered, which made everyone grin. Great, then we have also clarified the problem. Then we are already finished or is there anything else?" Tony wanted to know and clapped his hands. No one had any more requests and so everyone except Natasha, Wanda and me left the room. And now?" I wanted to know. Now we make the list!"