Chapter 23

Natasha Pov

In the meantime, several minutes had passed since (Y/n) had disappeared with Wanda. Where was she ? Just as I was about to go to my room to see where Wanda was, the AI sounded and told us that we should come to the meeting room because of an urgent matter. However, we were not told what exactly it was about. So I put on my T-shirt again and ran off together with Pietro. When we arrived, everyone was already there. Steve, Bucky and Rhodey were also back from their mission. Pietro briefly gave (Y/N) a confused look, because he still thought she wasn't doing so well. But she just waved him off and we sat down. Since the three of them were back, I assumed that we were here because of Alina.

"As I'm sure you've all seen, Rogers, Rhodes and Barnes have returned from their mission, which is why we've called you all together." Tony now began. "Did you catch them?" Peter wanted to know directly, wiggling his leg excitedly as he always did. "Well, there were a few complications," Rhodey said slowly. "What do you mean?" I wanted to know. "She..." began Steve, but when he hesitated, Bucky decided to finish his sentence. "She's dead." "What?" came a shocked Wanda, and the rest of the group was visibly startled. "How could this happen?" I asked after a short period of silence. "We were able to locate Alina in a small forest. And she actually looks incredibly similar to (Y/n). When we observed her for a while and found out that she was alone, so we decided to attack her. Of course, she put up a good fight, but eventually we reached a cliff." Now Barnes took the floor from him."After Rhodey hit her lightly, she stumbled backwards and was about to fall. I was just able to grab her before she fell off the cliff. She must have recognized us and said that we had no reason to attack her. At first I was a little confused, after all, she belonged to Hydra." "As it turned out, she was no longer as loyal to Hydra as we had assumed. She had explained that Hydra was pursuing a different goal than she was." Rhodey continued. "And that would be?" Clint now asked. "To exterminate all people who are not worthy to live in their eyes. Alina, by her own admission, only wanted to eliminate the big shots in the government." Steve answered the question. "And did she say how they were going to do it?" "Apparently via a bioweapon. A virus that Hydra created. When I asked her how they were going to spread it, she just said 50, 49, 7," Bucky answered Wanda's question. "And what in the world does that mean?" I asked, half to myself, half to the others. "That's exactly what I wanted to ask her. But the next moment she had a hole in her head." Confused, I looked at him. "A sniper had got her. I assume it was one of Hydra. I guess they weren't too happy that Alina wanted to throw a wrench in their plans." Steve said. "Great! All we have are three numbers that could mean anything." Clint said and I nodded a little dejectedly. "And that's why I'm going to try to figure out what they mean. I could use your help, Peter." Tony interrupted the silence. "Yes, Mister Stark." he answered quickly and nodded excitedly. I really didn't know anyone who adored him like that.

"Hey, maybe we can talk for a minute. Alone ?" (Y/n) had walked over to me in the meantime and everyone else left the room to go about their business. "Yeah sure. Come on." I pulled her behind me to find a place where we could talk undisturbed. After a while we came to the door that led outside to the pool. I quickly pushed it open and ran outside (Y/n) followed me. Outside was the big pool, which was built in such a way that you had the feeling you could swim directly into the just setting sun. "Wow, you haven't shown me that yet." she said at the sight of the water. "That's because I don't like swimming." I replied briefly. "Really? I love water. You feel so free when you swim in it. As if the whole world couldn't reach you anymore." she poetized to herself, while she strolled along the edge of the pool. I had to smile. She was really cute, standing there lost in thought, gazing at the water.

"So what did you want to talk about ?" I asked, because I remembered the real reason why we had come out here. "Yes, um, sorry. So I was talking to Wanda before and well she gave me the idea to let her look at the memories from last night." "I'm sorry, what?" I asked a bit confused and amazed at the same time. "Yes, Wanda was talking about the past and I had the idea and she agreed."  "Are you telling me that Wanda saw everything that happened last night?" I asked, a little upset that she hadn't asked my permission. "Nat, it's all good. We didn't sleep together." "We didn't?" I was confused. "No." "Then how did we end up in bed in our underwear?" "I didn't say you weren't going to sleep with me." Great, and now Wanda had seen it all. "This is... kind of embarrassing now." I remarked. "Oh yeah, you think so?" "Yes, I do!" "I actually found it quite amusing." "Well, thank you very much!" I replied a bit miffed and turned away from her.

Suddenly I felt a hand on my waist. "You know..." she started and ran a finger along my back, which gave me goose bumps. "Yesterday you tickled me quite a bit. But I turned the tables by finding out your weakness." She still ran her fingers over my back and drew small circles. "My weakness?" I wanted to know a little confused from her. "Yep, your weakness." In the meantime she had let her hand slide from my waist over my hip to my belly and I had difficulty concentrating on what she was saying. "What is my weakness?" She bent down to my ear and then whispered, "Me." before giving me a shove and throwing me into the pool. I resurfaced, snorting, and brushed my hair out of my face. I screamed, "Wait till I get you!" But that wouldn't have been necessary. Because not even two seconds later (Y/n) plunged into the pool too. When she reappeared, she looked at me mischievously and said, "Well, come here then." I didn't let her tell me twice. I quickly swam over to her. "You've got a lot of nerve to shoo me into the water," I said. I grinned when I reached her and was only a few centimeters away from her face. "You'd be surprised." she returned and moved a little closer to me. "Would I?" "Oh yes, I think you would." "Mmm. You know what you would be suprised about?" At this question she raised an eyebrow questioningly. I leaned forward and kissed her. I kissed her like it was what I had been doing over and over again every day for years. She pulled herself closer to me and wrapped her legs around my waist. I let my hands slide down the bottom of her thighs to her ass. Now (Y/n) deepened the kiss even more and it felt so incredibly good.

"To the lovebirds in the pool ! Inside there would be now enough to eat. So please do me a favor and don't eat each other. Thank you and see you soon." Startled, I pulled up and spotted Pietro a little further up through an open window. In his right hand he held a megaphone and with his left he waved at us with a grin. "Oh yes, and maybe you should change quickly. Unless you want to make a pool inside too," he added, and I demonstratively extended my middle finger to him. "I love you too Tasha!" he said with a grin and closed the window before he disappeared. "I don't think there was ever a moment when we weren't interrupted". (Y/n) said now and laughed. "Yes, that's right..." I said and had to laugh as well. Then I briefly threw a nasty look at the sky, in the direction of the author, "Stop it!" (Sorry, somehow I have to get you to eat) "Who are you talking to?" (Y/n) asked me. "Oh, nobody. Come on, let's go inside." "If you say so." she laughed and we made our way inside.T