Chapter 10

Natasha Pov

Slowly I followed Sam and the girl, whose name seemed to be (Y/n), through the long corridors of the facility. Was she really not the one we were looking for? Granted there were some differences between the two, but this could also be a trap. Well, if what Tony said was true and the machine really worked that well, they would soon find out. Even though I wasn't sure about the safety of this part yet.

Arrived in the lab of the genius, Sam sat the girl down in a chair and I leaned against one of the work surfaces to relax a bit. I was dog tired. The others, however, whom I had told after (Y/n) woke up that they didn't need to come anymore, were rested and already impatiently waiting for Tony. He had kindly relieved me of the task of rounding up everyone. When Wanda entered the room I immediately saw the two cups of coffee in her hand. She gave one to Sam before she ran to me and put the other one in my hand. "Thank you." I said and gave her a quick smile, which she immediately returned. Then Tony came running into the room. He had a big grin on his face. "Good morning everyone!" he said exuberantly before turning to the girl in the chair. She sat a little folded on the chair and looked around uncertainly. No wonder. After all, we had kidnapped her and now it turned out that maybe we had gotten the wrong one. Besides, we were a pretty crazy bunch. You didn't meet that every day. "So Alina. Or (Y/n) ? I'm all confused. Well, never mind. I'll take you to the other room now, and I'll explain everything else to you there," Tony told her. She nodded briefly and followed Tony into the adjoining room, which could be seen through a pane of glass. There Tony sat her down in the chair that reminded a bit of a dentist's chair. He taped some small metal plates to various parts of her body that were connected with wires. Finally he said something to her and then came back to us.

Next to the window, where we had all crowded in the meantime, was a small control panel and a monitor. Tony stepped up to this console and flipped some levers and switches. With a loud whir, Tony's invention began to work. Only a few seconds later, an image appeared on the monitor. Admittedly, it couldn't really be called a picture. More like a summary of several individual parts. "What is this?" asked Pietro suspiciously. "That, my dear, are the thoughts and memories of this girl," Stark answered proudly, pointing to (Y/n). "Amazing!" Peter said with wide eyes and all the others were visibly impressed. "I told her to try to remember as much as possible from her childhood. Current events or those that happened not too long ago could theoretically be faked. But not memories from childhood. Those are too burned into your brain," Tony explained.

And indeed, just barely but still recognizable, you could now see some trees and two people walking comfortably through them. A man and a woman if I recognized it correctly. Now the picture drifted down and there was something yellow. "Are those..." Wanda began, "rubber boots" I finished her sentence. "If what she says is true, that could be Redwood Regional Park. And the two people can't be Jessica and Oliver Stephens. Jessica has blond hair and is taller," I said out loud what I was thinking. Now a new image appeared. A bigger round gray building with red lettering on the roof. "Is that the Oracles Arena?" said Sam and looked around asking, "Could be. And there. According to the jerseys, that could be the Dallas Mavericks and the other the Golden State Warriors," Clint said. "F.R.I.D.A.Y., when did they play against each other?" Tony now asked the KI. "That was on 04/13/2012 sir" she answered after a few seconds." If this is really the Oracles Arena and this game, it can't possibly be the memory of Alina Stephens," Tony thought out loud. "Yeah, she was already at Hydra and they wouldn't let her go to a basketball game," I interjected. "Could someone check if we have more detailed records of Alina this week?" asked Rhody. "Of course, I'll get right on it. "said Vision, who had been quiet until now.