Chapter 25

Natasha Pov

After dinner, we had gone to the common room and had everything set up comfortably. Pietro had suggested that (Y/N) could sit next to us and I was grateful to him for that. However, he had owed me that after the comment at dinner. When (Y/N) and Pepper had arrived, Pepper had run straight to Tony and laid down in his arms. Pietro had meant (Y/N) to come over which she had done. Admittedly her comment about superheroes watching superhero movies had made me smile. Shortly after Tony had started the movie, she had leaned against me and I had put my arm around her. The others, not to mention Pietro who was grinning knowingly to himself, were too focused on the movie to notice. She seemed to be very tired, because after a few minutes she had closed her eyes and now slept quietly leaning against me.

When the movie was over, I took my arm back to me because I didn't want the others to make any more jokes than they already did. Then I shook (Y/n) gently to wake her up. "Hey, wake up. The movie is over." "Well, she doesn't seem to have noticed much," said Sam. Now (Y/n) slowly opened her eyes. "What? Where am I? Ahhhhggg." she mumbled to herself and yawned profusely. "You fell asleep while the movie was playing. Come on, let's go to bed." I tried to motivate her. "I don't want to." she grumbled, turned a little and put one arm over my lap. Tony grinned and even Pepper had to smile. "Come on." I said, putting her arm back and trying to get her up. But (Y/n) seemed to have other plans. As soon as she sat upright, she fell on top of me and put her arms around my neck. "Natasha, I'm afraid that (Y/n) is not going to walk upstairs voluntarily." Steve said with a grin. "Yes, I'm afraid so too." I said. 

"Then we'll do it another way." With these words I lifted myself up so that I was sitting upright on the sofa and my feet were touching the floor while (Y/n) was sitting on my lap. Now I took her legs and carefully stood up. As soon as I stood, she wrapped her legs around me like a koala and held onto my neck while resting her head on my shoulder. "There you go." Tony laughed now. "Is it okay if I let you clean up alone and take (Y/n) upstairs?" I inquired. "Yeah, no problem. I think she needs to go to bed. Go ahead." Pepper said and gave me a mild smile which I returned directly. "Ok, thank you. Sleep well !" I said good night and the others said good night too. Before I left, Pietro wuzzed through (Y/n) hair once more and whispered, "You little devil." (Y/n) just grumbled and buried her head even further in my shoulder. 

Upstairs I was about to open the door when I heard footsteps down the hall. I quickly turned on the light. "Hello? Is someone there?" I called and listened. But nothing. No answer. No further sound. Absolute silence. I just shrugged my shoulders and went back to the door of my room. Maybe I had just misheard. I opened the door and turned on the light. I wrinkled my nose. Somehow it smelled like...alcohol in here. Strange. I walked over to the bed and put (Y/n) down on it. However, that cost me some effort, because she didn't want to let go properly. Finally I managed it. Since I did not want to let her sleep in her clothes. I took off her pants and sweater and then put them under the blanket.

Then I made my way to the bathroom to get ready as well. After I finished changing, I smelled that strange alcohol smell again. But this time it mixed with something else...It smelled burnt. I turned around and saw that our wet clothes were still hanging over the heater. Oh shit ! Surely the burnt smell was coming from there. I rushed over and took them off the heater. Then I ran back into the bedroom and got into bed as well. Was it just me or was it somehow warmer in here today ? Well, it would be fine. I turned to my bedside table and turned off the light. And there I saw them. Blue flames flickered along the closet past the door to the small table. And they were getting closer and closer. "нахуй!" I groaned. I slid to (Y/n) and tried to get her awake. But she did not react. ,,(Y/n) ! (Y/n) come on. Wake up ! "I shouted and gently slapped her cheek with one hand. But nothing. She had apparently passed out from the smoke. I pulled her a little more into the middle of the bed. "Shit, shit, shit !"

Spasmodically, I searched for something to cover my mouth with. My lungs were burning and I had to cough. Finally I found a T-shirt and lifted it in front of my face. Why didn't the smoke alarm go off? "TONY ! Hello. Anyone?" I yelled, but no one heard me. They were all still downstairs in the common room. The heat of the fire burned my skin and the plastic of the alarm clock began to melt. We had to get out of here! But how? I looked around. Okay, stay calm Natasha, you can do this! But you need a clear head now. So there are two of us. (Y/n) is unconscious, which means I have to carry her. I couldn't count on the help of the others. There were flames all around us and we still had about 1 minute until the fire had reached us completely. It didn't help that I had to get through it if I wanted to get us both out of here. I quickly grabbed the thin varnish and wrapped it around my feet up to my knees. That would have to work. 

Now I took (Y/n) and put it on my back. I crawled forward to the foot of the bed and straightened up. If I had enough momentum I could make it to the door. I took a step back and bent my knees slightly. Then I quickly took a step forward and jumped. The heat of the flames beneath me burned like...well...like fire. I felt like I was flying towards the door in slow motion and I could feel my pulse beating in every single part of my body. Just before the door, I turned slightly to the side so that my shoulder was facing it. Then I slammed into her and the door popped off its hinges and flew outside with us. 

We hit the ground hard and I cried out in pain. I looked down at my feet and realized that the vanishs were on fire. At that moment the elevator door opened and Wanda, Pietro and Clint stepped out. "Tasha!" shouted Pietro and rushed towards me. "Quick Wanda, get the fire extinguisher!" Clint yelled and ran to us as well. Wanda grabbed the extinguisher and a few seconds later she sprayed the foam on my feet. ,,Natasha are you okay ?" Clint asked, looking at me with concern. ,,Huh, (Y/-, (Y/n) ! Help!" I gasped and at the same time tried to draw Clint's attention to (Y/n) who was lying on the floor a little behind me, still unconscious. "F.R.I.D.A.Y. call the others, we need oxygen." Clint said. And then I passed out too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hey,

thank you so much for over 1k. reads...that means a lot to me <3

Hope you're doing well.