Chapter 38

Y/n) Pov

When I woke up the next morning I was still half lying on top of Natasha who was still asleep. Not wanting to wake her, I got up as carefully as I could and went to the bathroom. Last night had been incredible. Even now I felt every single touch of the redhead on my body. I slapped some cold water on my face to wake myself up and then straightened up again. Only now did I see that Nataha had left some red marks on my skin. Great, how do I cover them up now?

Suddenly I saw Natasha through the mirror, appearing behind me in the doorway. She smiled and slowly walked towards me. "Good morning," she said in her raspy morning voice, which sent shivers down my spine. Now she stood right behind me and put her arms forward on my stomach. Then she put her head on my shoulder and looked at us in the mirror. "You are so beautiful," she whispered suddenly and I had to smile. "Look at you. And besides, you've left quite a few marks." I complained a little. "Don't worry about that. And besides, you can't tell me that you didn't like it." With these words she put her lips to my neck again. Carefully I put a hand on her head. "Nat, we have to go to breakfast. The others are probably already waiting," I tried to stop her. "They'll be just fine without us." she grinned and continued undeterred.

Now I pushed her head a little to the side. "Seriously. We can make up for it later." Suddenly the door opened and Wanda came in. "Hey, I'm supposed to take you to breakfast-" she turned around quickly when she saw us. "And you're both in here. Naked." she stated in a voice that I wasn't sure was meant to express surprise, amazement or shame. But it was probably a mixture of all three. "Sorry, I thought Nat was already training and you were here alone. I was just wanted to let you know breakfast was ready and Pepper was back." Wanda tried to excuse herself. "I...better go." "You do that, we'll be right down." Natasha told her.

When Wanda had disappeared we burst out laughing. "That was..." Not quite planned but still amusing," the redhead added to my sentence. "Definitely." I confirmed with a nod. "So much for a long morning shower," she sighed and smiled a little disappointedly. "Yep, I guess a cat wash will have to do today," I agreed. So we quickly got ready and then both changed into comfortable sweatpants. While Natasha opted for a T-shirt, I chose a turtleneck sweater. That would have to be enough for covering up for now. Then we went down to the cafeteria as quickly as possible.

Everyone was already sitting around the table and eating everything the generous buffet had to offer. "Hey, there you are finally" I suddenly heard a familiar voice behind us. When I turned around I saw Pepper coming out of the kitchen with a roll in her hand. "Hey Pepper," I said happily and pulled her into a hug. When I let go of her, she looked at me a little sceptically. "Isn't that a bit warm for this weather?" she asked while pointing at my sweater. "What? Oh yes, probably. This morningI just..." Shit, now of all times I couldn't think of a suitable excuse. "She just didn't look out of the window this morning in the stress and probably didn't want to orientate herself on me." Natasha quickly helped me. "Exactly," I agreed and nodded my head, perhaps a little too strongly. "Ah yes...well then sit down and eat. What do you want to drink?" Pepper asked us. "I'll get it," Wanda said, and winked at me. "Black coffee for Natasha and a hot chocolate for you. Am I right or am I right?" Wanda wanted to know, "That's right," Nat and I said in unison. Then we sat down at the table with the others.

Shortly afterwards Wanda came back with two steaming cups and put them on the table in front of us. "Thank you Wands," I said and then took a sip of the hot drink. Natasha also took a sip of her coffee. "What are you all looking at?" she wanted to know. And she was right. In fact, it was only now that I noticed that everyone was staring at us as if we had something stuck to our faces. "Nothing, nothing. It's just..." Pietro began. "Yes...?" I asked him to continue. "Nothing," he finally waved it off. "Well, if you say so." I gave up with a shrug. "Natasha. How are things? Have you calmed down again?" Tony wanted to know and I knew he was alluding to last night. "Oh she certainly did." Wanda grinned and I gave her a Warnung
look. "Quite possibly." Pietro laughed too. Oh God. Had he heard us? After all, his room was right next to ours and we hadn't exactly been quiet. "What do you mean by that?" Pepper asked. "Well, she was very happy to see (Y/n) yesterday," Wanda interrupted her brother before he could blurt out too much. Pepper nodded and everyone turned back to their food. Suddenly Pietro looked up and said, "Or rather, having her to herself." "Oh my God Pietro. Shut up," I said with an annoyed undertone. Pepper and some of the others smirked. He could never keep his mouth shut, could he?

Natasha Pov

,,тебе лучше делать то, что говорит малыш" (Better do what the little one says.) I warned him in Russian, intending that only the twins understood me. "Natasha, please. You know I hate it when you do that. You can let everyone in on the conversation," Tony said reproachfully, but I just rolled my eyes. Always the one with all his talking. Then Sam spoke up. "Um...I have to...do something. Bucky, are you coming?" "Uh? Ahh, I see. Yeah, sure, I'll be right there." Confused, I looked at the two of them. And I wasn't the only one. Why were they behaving so strangely? Now Bucky jumped up and ran after Sam. Together they left the cafeteria. "What are they up to?" asked (Y/n). But somehow her question seemed strange to me. So...played.

I didn't give it a second thought and just continued eating. Suddenly I felt someone standing behind me. Just as I was about to turn around, a bag was pulled over my head and someone held my hands. "Shit, shit," I heard Tony shouting. "Language," came from Steve. "God Steve, now is not the time," Clint scolded. While they were still arguing, I heard fighting sounds in front of and behind me. I tried to fight back, but I couldn't do anything against the strong hands. My legs were tied together in the meantime. Suddenly I heard a loud bang and glass shattered. Then I heard a scream, which I attributed to Pietro, and a moan of...(Y/n)!? Crap. I had to help her. What was happening here anyway ?

Suddenly I was being lifted up by my legs and arms. I tried to free myself from the grip, but again without success. Meanwhile, the sounds of fighting could still be heard from the cafeteria. "Tony, do something!" I heard Pepper shout, then the massive door closed and I heard nothing more.

(Y/n) Pov

After the big door had closed we continued to fight for a short while. "Ok, I think they are out of earshot," I said and everyone sank down. Now I couldn't hold myself together any longer and started to laugh out loud. The others joined in. "What the hell was that?" Clint said through his laughter. "That...was probably the best prank ever." laughed Tony. "And the best thing is, it's not over yet," I said. "Come on, we have to go after them," I said, getting up and walking towards the door. The others followed me. As we walked quietly down the corridor, I thought about the last few minutes.

I had probably whispered something quite different in Sam's ear last night than most had expected. I had asked him to stage a kidnapping today at breakfast or during lunch. And that had worked surprisingly well. Apparently he had let Bucky in on his plan and the others, after I had jumped up and started "fighting" with Pietro, had quickly realised that they should play along. And it was a picture for gods. Tony and Steve were kicking everything they could while shouting at each other, along with Clint. Clint didn't miss the chance to use Peter as a drum and beat him, carefully of course, against all sorts of body parts to imitate blows. Wanda had used her magic to make some things float up and then fall on the floor. Pietro and I had kept making a few noises to go with it. When Pietro had thrown himself on the floor and let out a loud scream, I had to pull myself together hard not to laugh out loud. Pepper, who was a little frozen for a short while, finally took one of the glasses and smashed it on the floor, where it shattered with a loud bang. As I said, it had been just too funny.

Now we had arrived at the door that led to the pool. There were already Bucky and Sam standing there with Natasha in their hands, squirming back and forth. I could hardly believe my eyes, but Bucky and Sam had actually put on balaclavas. Quickly and as quietly as possible, we all ran behind the small bamboo wall that separated the outdoor bar from the pool. Then I gave Sam the signal that he could start. So the two of them, with Natsah in their hands, walked closer to the edge of the pool. Then Bucky pulled the bag off her head and out came a very angry Nat. "I swear to God-" she started to rant, but was interrupted by Sam. "Don't swear so much, swim instead," with these words they threw the redhead into the water in a high arc.