Chapter 16

Lizzie Pov

"What?! Ahh I'm going to kill her! How dare she leave us like that for a job?" I yelled into the phone, upset. (Y/n) mother had just called me and explained that she had been offered an internship at Stark Industries and that's why she just disappeared. "I understand what you're saying, Lizzie, but it was just a huge opportunity for her. We don't like that she left like that either, but we can understand it. And the most important thing is that she is doing well and it looks like she is." I was surprised that (Y/n) parents remained so calm, when they usually went crazy when she came home even half an hour late. But maybe now they were just glad that it wasn't as bad as they had first thought. However, I still didn't know what "them" was all about. "Yes, you are right again. Can we visit them?" I wanted to know. "I don't think so for the time being, she didn't have much time to make a phone call. But the list says that she needs her cell phone. So I think you can call her," her mother explained. "What list?" " Oh I haven't told you yet, that's one of the reasons why I called you. (Y/n) sent us a list of things she needs. After all, she couldn't take anything with her in a hurry. A Tony Stark employee will be by later to pick up the items." Oh that's what she was talking about. Yes, that made sense. "And what do I have to do with it now?" "Well, I wanted to ask you if you would like to pack up the things? You know your way around her room much better and you know where everything is," my best friend's mother explained. "Of course I do! Shall I come right over?" I asked. Y"es, that would be great. See you in a minute then." "See you in a minute." With these words I hung up and went on my way.

When I arrived at the house of (Y/n/l), her father was already waiting for me outside. "Hey Lizzie!" "Hello Mister (Y/n/l)." I answered him quickly and entered. "You can just go upstairs, you know where her room is. We have already put a suitcase where you can put everything," he explained and I nodded before going upstairs. I was really glad that she was okay. I quickly gathered everything and started to pack everything into the suitcase. Just finding an elegant evening dress was not so easy. (Y/n) rarely wore dresses and if so, not very elegant ones. The job must be really important to her if she wore something like that voluntarily. Finally I found one and put it carefully into the suitcase. Then I quickly looked for a note and a pen on which I left a message, before I also put it in the suitcase and closed it.

About half an hour a black limousine parked in front of the house and out came a somewhat chubby man in a suit who introduced himself a little later as Happy. Whereby he did not really look so "happy". But he was nice in any case. He took the suitcase and put it in the trunk of the car before getting in himself and waving goodbye.

(Y/n) Pov

"Natasha, do you want to put me down again?" I asked, still a little taken aback. After she had lifted me up so surprisingly in the cafeteria and then disappeared with me afterwards, she had walked across the facility with me in her arms. Then she had gotten into an elevator and now we were going upstairs. She hadn't spoken a word until now, and even now she made no effort to respond to my question, let alone answer it. She simply shook her head and continued to hold me in her arms. Now the elevator door opened and she stepped outside, onto a level I had not known until now. "Where are we?" I wanted to know. "You'll see," the redhead answered me and walked down the long corridor towards a door. Once there, she pulled a card out of her pocket and opened the door. "Can I have one of those?" I asked, but the next moment I didn't care.

Through the now open door I had an incredible view. We were on the roof of the facility. Well, at least that's what I thought. From here one could overlook the complete area. The large meadow, the other small buildings, the forest...simply everything! "Do you like it?" asked Natasha, who was still holding me in her arms and was now slowly walking outside. "It is-" I began, but was interrupted by her, "Beautiful. Breathtaking. Simply incredible?" she enumerated. "Yes," I replied, nodding in agreement. As we stood at the edge of the roof, Nat carefully set me down so I could dangle one foot over the edge. She did the same for me. Then she held out to me one of the breads she had taken earlier. "I decided to move our breakfast here. I always come here when I want to think or be alone," she explained, while I started to eat my bread. "You're not alone now, so you want to think?" I wanted to know. "I just felt that it was right to take you with me," she said, shrugging her shoulders. Then she looked ahead again and enjoyed the view. So we sat there in silence for a few minutes. Suddenly she turned to me with a jerk and looked at me thoughtfully. "But if you ask so...I maybe wanted to think," she said then and I looked at her a little confused. What was she trying to say? "Can I ask you something?" The redhead asked this question a bit hesitantly, which made me unsure but I nodded anyway. "Can it be that you like women?" At the question I almost choked on my bun and needed a moment until I could talk again. "What makes you think that?" I now asked a counter-question to give myself a little time to think about my answer. "I don't know exactly. There's something about you. In the way you look at me. That...it makes me kind of nervous. It's never happened to me before" Did she really mean it ? I realized that I was blushing and turned away a little. Suddenly I felt a hand on my cheek. Natasha turned my head back in her direction and looked deep into my eyes. "Hey, no need to blush." she said and smiled at me, which I immediately returned. Once again, I noticed her incredibly green eyes. They literally drew me under their spell. And once they had caught me, they would never let me go again.

Suddenly the door opened and Wanda came out. Natasha quickly took her hand from my cheek and her eyes let me go. "I already thought you would be here. Happy told me to tell you that he put your things in Natasha's room," said the young woman with a grin on her lips. "All right, thanks Wanda. I'll go unpack in a minute," I replied. She nodded and left again. "Are you coming with me?" I asked, addressing Natasha again. "Yes, of course. Go ahead," she answered and smiled wryly at me. So I got up and carefully went back inside. At least I could walk again. Unlike I thought, Wanda was standing there, grinning broadly at me. I just rolled my eyes and walked past her to the elevator. She quickly followed me and stood next to me. "So...." she began. With a sideways glance I asked her to continue. "I'm sorry about the photo." "It's okay," I replied curtly, as I was far to upset to discuss it with her right now. "You like her, don't you?" Wanda interrupted the silence in the elevator that took us to the bedrooms. I just shrugged my shoulders and continued to look straight. What was I supposed to say to her ? Natasha was driving me crazy but I didn't know if I liked her. "So I think you like her," Wanda said.  "It's okay Wanda, I got it!" I said loudly and it sounded harsher than I wanted. When the elevator doors opened, Wanda quickly ran outside. "Wanda, I didn't mean-" I understand."I think you need some time to yourself. When you come down again we can talk more," she interrupted me a bit offended and disappeared into her room. I sighed and went into my, or rather, Natasha's room and closed the door behind me.