23~ Her plan

Loraly

*

We've all been in a bear hug for a while now. After Vanellope told about her past, she was a crying mess even though I'm sure the while thing wasn't her fault.

Ayisha and I just hug her and let her cry on our shoulders. She is crying so much, a little too much if you ask me.

"Okay, okay. I feel better," Vanellope says, pulling away from us while wiping her eyes with the long sleeves of her sweatshirt.

"Are you sure?" Ayisha asks, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Y-yeah," She stutters. "I have never told anyone that before. It feels good to let it out."

"Then I guess no one's ever told you you have nothing to feel guilty for," I tell her.

"But-" Vanellope begins.

"No buts, Nell. You're not guilty. You did nothing wrong. Finley was a bastard. End of story," Ayisha concludes.

"Okay," Vanellope whispers but still looks unsure.

Ayisha flicks her nose and Vanellope shrieks out of surprise.

"Hey! What was that for?"

"You were thinking about it," Ayisha replies simply.

"N-no, I wasn't," Vanellope lies.

"Sure and the sun didn't rise this morning," Ayisha responds and I laugh.

"Guys, stop bickering. What are we going to do now?" I ask.

"You have to tell us about you now," Ayisha says, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Why not you?" I ask, squinting my eyes

"Because I said it first," She counters, grinning.

"Ugh, okay. Well, I come from a family of five. My dad is usually silent most of the time because my mom wears the pants in the family. She is so annoying and she hates me," I say, rolling my eyes.
"I have two brothers. One's an asskisser and the other is kind of cute. I shifted at the age of sixteen-"

"Woah, sixteen?" Vanellope interrupts me and I nod.

"You know you're supposed to shift at thirteen right?" Ayisha asks.

"Yeah, but I find myself lucky because I even shifted," I say.

"Your parents are probably both recessive. I bet they didn't expect you to shift and that's why your mom hates you. Most wolves who leave to the human world never want to come back," Ayisha explains.

"That makes sense but shouldn't she have brought me here the minute I shifted?" I ask her.

"She probably didn't want to. She wanted to ignore that you shifted but I guess it didn't work. Someone probably found out  and reported to the council and she was forced to bring you here," Ayisha continues.

"Why?" I ask.

"So you can join the Rebel army. I heard once a war is starting soon so we need all the help we can get," Ayisha says.

"I hate war," Vanellope says.

"So both of you shifted at thirteen?" I say, changing the subject.

"Yup," They say in sync.

I'm the odd one out then.

"Anyway, I already told you about my witch friend, Cecil," I begin again. "She gave me a potion to hide my scent."

"Why didn't you just hide your scent yourself?" Vanellope asks.

"I could have but Cecil said I needed to keep my scent hidden at all times so she gave me the potion anyway," I reply.