43~ Her sadness

Loraly

*

The swords clash again while the rest of us watch anticipatedly as Mitchelle and Vanellope fight. As much as I would love to say they are equally matched opponents, Mitchelle is better. Her movements are more calculated compared to Vanellope's.
With a kick to Vanellope's shin and a few more swings of her sword, Vanellope's sword is in Mitchelle's hand and Mitchelle's sword was pointed at Vanellope's neck.

Vanellope sighs defeatedly and looks away while Mitchelle pulls away with a smirk.

"You did good," Mitchelle says with a sincere smile. "But I'm still better."

She winks at Vanellope and sits beside me after setting the swords down. Vanellope sits down too with a dejected look.

We do this every Monday and Tuesday after school. River, Mitchelle, Ayisha, Vanellope and I come here to practice fighting and using different weapons and gadgets. It isn't a disclosed location; just behind the dorms, people don't really come here. We invite Harlow and a few friends to join us sometimes so we don't raise suspicion. It is actually fun sometimes.

"I think we are done for the day, right girls?" River asks and Ayisha and I nod in reply.

I hope I can talk to Vanellope about Eliseo.

"Hold on," Mitchelle says before we stand up. "Is there something you would like to tell us, Vanellope?"

"No," Vanellope shakes her head with a shrug. "Not that I can think of," Her eyes hold some kind of emotion, like they are challenging Mitchelle.

Mitchelle's expression is completely serious now and her eyes were squinted at Vanellope.

"Oh you know what I'm talking about," Mitchelle says. "Your little boy toy, Eliseo."

I guess Mitchelle beat me to it. I feel somewhat relieved.

"What about him?" Vanellope asks, playing dumb.

"Oh really?" Mitchelle asks angrily. "Do you think we haven't been seeing how you act around him? We know you have feelings for him."

"You're kidding, right?" Vanellope asks, looking at each of us. "You guys think I like Eliseo. You know I'm only pretending."

"That's a pack of bullshit and all of us know it, Vanellope," Ayisha replies casually.

Vanellope looks shocked by Ayisha's reply and she gapes at her. "Ayisha, I can't believe you said that."

"Why?" Ayisha asks with a shrug. "It's true. I know you, Vanellope. You really like the douchebag and it worries me."

"It worries all of us," I add. "Especially considering the fact that you could tell Eliseo about our plan."

"Guys, I would never betray you like that," Vanellope says seriously.

Mitchlle scoffs. "You already have. You are compromising our plan by being his mate, but I guess your love for attention from the opposite sex is blinding because you clearly can't see that."

"Oh shut up, Mitchelle, you're just jealous because I have mate who loves and cares for me and you don't," Vanellope snaps rudely and Mitchelle growls dangerously low.

I scrunch my brows. "Vanellope, how could you say that?"

"What? It's true," Vanellope rolls her eyes. "So what if I have feelings for Eliseo? That is none of your business. It's my life and I will not let anyone control it, especially not some unstable, pyschotic bitch with anger issues."

Mitchelle pounces on Vanellope without hesitation and launches the first punch before Vanellope can respond then she throws two more before River finally manages to pull her off. Mitchelle struggles in his arms before regaining herself.