46~ Her new enemy

Loraly

*

I step away from him with an amused smile on my face.

"Are you okay?" I ask in a teasing tone. "Are you high on something perhaps?"

He glowers down at me then he starts chuckling then his soft chuckling turn into a full-blown laughter.

Something about it leaves an unsettling feeling in my chest and I am unable to hide the fear on my face.

"You actually thought someone wouldn't figure it out?" He asks, walking around me.

"Nikolai, I don't know what you're-?"

"Do you think you can actually pull it off?" He taunts me as he stop behind me. He leans down before whispering in my ear.
"I don't think you can."

I turn around and look him in the eye. "You have no right to accuse me of something like that. What are you going to do? Report me? You have no proof."

"Do I really need proof?" He cackles. "I'm the teacher, you're the student. It's my word against yours."

"Well you haven't considered the fact that they hate you and are trying you get rid of you," I smirk in victory.

He grows softly and I subconsciously take a step back. "Listen to me, Loraly. You are not leaving me. You will do as I say."

"I will not," I counter with just as much anger.

"Do not make me report you!"

"Do it then! With no evidence, you can't no one will believe you."

"They'll believe me when they make you take a truth serum and then you tell the truth."

My lips part and I suck in a sharp breath.

His voice and features suddenly soften and he grabs both of my hands. I try to escape his grip but to no avail.

"I care for you and I don't want you to get hurt," He brings my hands to his lips and places a soft kiss on them.

"Let me go, you creep," I shout angrily, but he ignores me.

"Please, my love, don't be stupid and stay here with me," He grins from ear to ear. "I'll protect you and we'll be happy together. You can learn to love me. We can live in a small house and you can bear my pups. We can live happily forever."

"Why don't you go dig up your lovely Adela from her grave and make her bear your pups?" I spit and his jaw clenches.

He slams me into the closest wall and puts one of his knees in between my legs. He holds both my hands with one of his and he  wraps the other around my neck then squeezes it.

"Why must you anger me, love?" He asks in a deep voice. "You know you shouldn't bring her up."

"Then maybe you should stop dictating my life and let me go," I choke out.

"Why don't you see how much I care for you?" His voice shakes slightly as he traces his hand down my neck toward my chest then it lingers on my collarbone. "If you're worried about the council, I can handle them."

His cold hand causes me to shiver, but I still manage to speak. "You're out of your mind."

"You're just realizing this now?" He chuckles.

He suddenly claims my lips with his. I don't kiss him back. Instead, I try to push him away, but he doesn't move a muscle. He is much stronger than me. His tongue explores my mouth while I struggle with tears gathering in my eyes. He grabs my waist and pulls our bodies impossibly closer to each other.