67~ Clyde

Loraly

*

As the last word leaves Tobias' mouth, the atmosphere shifts into a humorless one. It's so silent in the hall, breathing too loud would be a problem and would probably lead to punishment.

Tobias takes a pause, perhaps for dramatic effect or to let the pack members think over what he said. Whatever reason he has comes off as unimportant as he exhales and continues.

"I believe the majority, if not all of you, knows that there are two unfamiliar she-wolves residing in our pack," Tobias shoves in hands into his pocket. "And there have been rather ridiculous gossip of who they are and where they come from. No, they are not lone wolves and neither are they witches. They are also not fallen angels or demons and they are certainly not 'aliens who have come in peace.'"

Aliens? As if.

"They are neither of these things. They are rebels," The silence is immediately broken as the pack members whisper lowly in each other's ear, some giggling in excitement, others snarling and pointing fingers. Tobias seems to expect this and gives them a second. He clears his throat and they all quiet down again.

"It is obvious not many of you will have high expectations of these she-wolves, regarding our history with them but they are not as terrible as you think," Tobias states calmly. "Before you make any rash decisions or have low expectations for them, remember they are simply teenage wolves and they should be treated as such."

A man jumps from his seat, his face contorted with fury. "To hell with that! These disgusting things have no right to be on our packlands. They shouldn't be treated with care of any sort. They should be dead. Their limbs should be cut off and their eyes should be gouged, then should be left to bleed out."

Cheers of agreement follow the man's statement and some even clap for him, giving pats on the back as he remains standing.

"Take your seat please," Tobias begins calmly, much to my surprise and the man sits down. "I know how you feel, trust me I do. However, these she-wolves have become our responsibility and we must keep them alive."

Not take care of us. But keep us alive.

"I refuse!" A woman cries out in a thick Hungarian accent. "You will not expect me to protect them after the crimes they have committed. Their existence itself is a sin. They have reputations they uphold. What's to say they won't kill us in our sleep?"

Yeah, because I have nothing better to do.

"I assure you they mean no harm," Tobias replies. "They are not here to harm us. They-"

"They fell from the fucking sky! How do you know they won't harm us?" A teenage boy asks angrily.

Tobias snarls. "Be quiet! I am not going to argue if none of you will let me properly finish my sentences," Some of the pack members quiver at the sound of his voice. "I know what you think of them and what they can do, but I am asking you to trust my judgement. If these she-wolves are truly as bad as you think, I wouldn't let them reside in our pack. They are teenage girls and the council has entrusted them in my care."

"If they are in your care, does that mean we have to take care of them?" A teenage girl asks, chewing bubblegum.

"If it comes to that, then yes," Tobias glowers at the teenager and she drops her gaze to her hands. "All I am trying to say is treat them as our own, because they are guests. There have been incidents with them which have led to serious injuries and I would not like them to be repeated. Though, the perpetrators have not been sought out, if it happens again, there will be serious punishment."