44~ Her wit

Loraly

*

I can feel his eyes on his from his spot on the other side of the room. I gazed at him once, but that was it. His piercing stare is digging holes into my head. I try to pretend it has no effect on my me, but I can't help but wonder what the hell he wants.

As soon as the bell rings, I push myself off the ground and practically bolt out of the classroom. I hurry on to my next class, Paw-to-Paw combat though I still have some time.

I take a left turn and both my arms are grabbed and I'm pulled into a small room and slammed into a wall. Without thinking twice, I slam my foot onto his and hit his head with mine. He loosens his grip for a second, but regains it almost immediately.

"Eliseo, get your hands off me or I will castrate you," I threaten him through gritted teeth.

"I just want to talk," He says sternly.

I glare at him and he releases me. Before he can get a word out, I walk away from him toward the door.

He rushes and stands in front me. "Please."

"What the hell do you want?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"It's about Vanellope," He starts.

"If she isn't dead or in a hospital bed, then I don't think you should be talking to me," I reply.

"I thought she was your friend," He responds with his face contorting with confusion.

"Me too," I reply silently.

"Look, she's really upset you guys are arguing, fighting or whatever it is that you're doing right now," He says. "Just... Can you guys resolve any issues you have?'

I scoff. "Did she set you up to this?"

"No, she didn't set me up to this," He rolls his eyes.

"Then why the hell do you care if we're friends or not?"

"Because I care for her and apparently your toxic friendship makes her happy."

I can tell from his fone that he cares for her and that's kind of sad. He has a mate out there yet he is here fighting for someone who isn't his.

"I didn't do anything. She messed up, okay?" I respond. "Whether or not she set you up, tell her she knows she's wrong and she needs to apologize. She knows when and where to find my friends and I are. Until then, things are going to remain the way they are."

*

"Eliseo spoke to me today," I say, lying on the bed as I stare at the ceiling of my room and Ayisha lies beside me.

"Oh yeah?" She chuckles. "What did the douchebag want?"

"He is sad Vanellope is upset because we aren't talking to her anymore," I respond.

Ayisha pouts. "That's kind of cute, so cute that I almost care."

Out of all of us, I think Ayisha is taking Vanellope's betrayal the hardest because they were so close.

"Do you..." Ayisha trails off. "Do you think she'll come to her senses?"

"I don't know, Ayisha," I whisper. "But I hope she does. Remember how it was just three of us when we first got here?"

"Mmhmm," She replies.

"Maybe she'll think back to that and come back to us, you know?"

"I don't want to leave without her," Ayisha says silently. "I don't want there to be a possibility she can die here. She doesn't deserve it."