39~ Her douchebag

Vanellope

*

I squint my eyes at my target, gripping the gun causing my knuckles to turn white. I release a heavy sigh and flex my fingers as I scrunch up my brows.

I missed my last headshot by a couple centimeters. I want to make sure I get it this time.

I feel a warm breath on my neck and Eliseo's familiar breath wafts past my nose. One of hands suddenly grab my waist and then I am pulled into a hard chest.

I pry his hands off me and turn around and glare at him.

"Could you not?" I snap at him. "I was trying to concentrate."

"I have missed that voice," He smiles joyfully.

"Could you please disturb me later?" I ask nicely. "Thank you."

I face my target again and sigh. I regain my previous position and eye the head of the human figure made of metal.

Eliseo's stupid hand starts wandering again. This time, it starts from my waist then it travels upward till it reaches my hand. Before I object, he places his arm under mine and adjusts it a little then raises up my chin just a bit.

"That's better," He says quietly. "I'll pick you up at seven."

I hear his fading footsteps and I shake my head the focus and shoot. It hits the point marked headshot and I smile happily. I did it.

The bell rings and students start to exit. I walk toward the door and Ayisha and Loraly meet me there.

"What did the douchebag want?" Loraly asks.

"Who?" I ask confused.

"Harry Styles," Ayisha replies sarcastically.

"What?" I ask, looking at her.

"She meant Eliseo, " Loraly says.

"Oh, he-" I stop myself.

I can't tell them he asked me out on a date and worse, I agreed to go.

"He said... He didn't like my outfit. He said it was too revealing," I say the quickest lie.

"You're wearing a sweater," Ayisha deadpans and I look down at myself.

She's right.

"He was just being a douchebag," I say shrugging.

Loraly rolls her eyes. "How about we hang out today? We could head into town and..."

"I'm busy tonight!" I blurt out.

"Doing what?" Ayisha asks suspiciously.

"I have to... catch up on homework," I say. "Yeah, I've been ignoring that for the past week so I'm going to be busy with that."

"Really?" Ayisha asks, watching me suspiciously.

"Yup," I reply.

"Okay," She shrugs and turns to Loraly. "It's just you and me then."

*

I tuck my hair behind my hair subconsciously as I stare at myself in the mirror. With me in the outfit I put together, I look really pretty.

I am wearing an off-white long wool jacket over a white lace tank top with sky blue mom jeans,  a small pigeon-coloured bag and my white converse. This should be casual enough for him.

 This should be casual enough for him