55~ Like home

Loraly

*

I wake up cold, alone, tired and empty, the painful memories leaving nothing but a throbbing sting. My body feels glued to the ground by sweat lacing my neck, face and arms. My throat and mouth feel dry as a desert, chains still wrapped tightly around my wrists and ankles make them feel numb. My chest is facing the ceiling, heaving up and down at regular intervals as I blink multiple times to clear my blurry vision.

Letting out a shaky breath, I take my time to get off the ground from my lying position so I can lean against the wall, closing my eyes as I do so. A loud grumbling sound signifying collosal hunger comes from my stomach and I make an incoherent sound of discontent.

When was the last time I had a good meal?

That is the least of my worries anyway.

The effects of my heat are completely gone. There is no more indescribable pain, increasing heat or dying need to mate. All vanished, feeling like a distant memory in the back of my mind. Just as my heat is gone, so is my wolf, Reina.

Her presence which I used to find irritating, her voice and the teasing tone it usually carried, nothing remains.

It makes sense that my heat is gone as wolves are the reasons she-wolves have heats. A human lacks the experience despite being mated to a wolf because there is no inner wolf.

Human.

Is that the status I've been reduced to?

Not a rogue, or an omega but a human, not belonging amongst the werewolf population. Living a boring life that depends on money and what other people think, life as an unsure being, the weakest of all species.

No. I simply refuse to believe that.

'Reina,' I call out softly. 'Reina, I know you're there.'

'Reina,' I try to smile. 'Please tell me you're there. I can't do this alone.'

Though the effects of the heat are completely gone, the lasting effects of the wolfsbane feel as though they are just starting to settle in.

The meagre pounding in my head, the dull ache in my joints and limbs and the weak senses. Even my mind is fuzzy at this point.

I pull my knees to my chest despite my body's hurtful opposition. I rock myself from side-to-side and hum a random tune in an attempt to ease my stress, but instead anger rises suddenly.

I fold my fingers into a strong fist and my heart beats faster. Anger and frustration reaches its peak and an irritated scream slips out of my mouth. Chains rattle as I tug my hair and kick my feet at nothing particular. I pound my fist against the ground continuously despite the pain it brings. Tears flow down my cheeks and my head pounds harder but nothing seems to matter at this point.

The months we spent planning, training, all of it was for what?

For us to suffer?

For me to lose my wolf because my ass of a mate couldn't handle my heat?

The universe seems to reply to my outburst because I hear a loud ruckus, not coming from the cells around me but from above me. The ceiling shakes slightly, like feet is pounding against it.

I find myself crawling into a dark corner, already fearing the worst. Shutting my eyes, I pull my knees to my chest again as I clutch my head. The throbbing seeming more painful and the loud ringing getting louder.

I hear voices screaming at each other, a mix of a male's and a female's voice. They seem to be holding a screaming match, I'm not quite sure. Next, I hear a series of steel doors swing open, the silence in the background seeming almost surreal. Big footsteps quicken pace, dragging people closer and closer to my cell.

I look up, seeing a figure stride past my cell in a flash and feeling of relief washes over me. The footsteps halt suddenly and retreat, coming back to my cell.

With eyes and eyebrows raised in curiosity, I watch as a shadow first comes into view then feet covered with black boots. A full figure comes into view, short dark hair, dark eyes filled with horror and small hands  which slowly wrap around the bars of the cell.

Cecil.

I open my mouth to at least call out to her but only a few small unknown sounds leave my mouth, my voice seeming to have disappeared.

She practically rips the cell door open and rushes to me, wrapping her hands around me, engulfing into a bone-crushing hug. I do the same, shoving my head into her neck, inhaling her calming scent.

"Oh my goodness, it took me forever to find you," She whispers. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry that you had to go through this."

"I-" I try to say something but she shushes me immediately, pulling me out of her hug.

"It's okay," She cups my face. "You don't need to say anything. Just sleep okay? We'll talk when you wake up."

She kisses me on the forehead and lays me on her lap and caresses my head. I sigh and close my eyes.

Home. This feels like home.

*

*

*

This feels more like a soliloquy than a chapter but oh well✨

Didn't want to wait till tomorrow to update✨

Anywho ✨

Cecil is back; she took her time, no?☠️

What do you think will happen when she wakes up?
Any theories?
Lmk in the comments 💋

Please vote and comment🤸🏽‍♀️

Random Question:
Horror Movies or Romantic Movies?

Mwah

Adiós

✨💜HappyLove 💜✨