53~ Desperation

Loraly

*

"Leave Ricky. I want to talk to the prisoner alone."

His commanding tone and voice sends shivers down my spine and the daring look in his eyes makes me weak to my knees.

Ricky looks just about to object. His mouth opens like he wants to say something, but he thinks against it quickly, nods curtly and exits my cell.

This is not how I envisioned meeting my mate. Him standing all high and mighty and me looking all low and pathetic.

He called me the prisoner, not my name or even the rebel as I had expected, the prisoner. His judging eyes scrutinize me like I am not worthy of his presence. The look he is giving me gives me the idea that he thinks that I am no better than the dirt under his feet.

The hopeless romantic side of me wants to show his that I am not who or what he thinks I am. That side wants to prove he is wrong so he could want me and possibly love me. In short, not reject me.

The stubborn side doesn't give two shits. On the contrary, it feels disappointed that the moon goddess set us up with a pompous alpha who thinks he is on top of the world.

Although I feel almost taken over by the stubborn side, my eyes wander and take in every piece of the man standing before me.

His blond hair is in place, not a single strand out of it, like he took his sweet time keeping it there and is having the time of his life. His arms and legs are covered with dark clothing, his big arms and thick thighs are an obvious show of exercise.

His arms are crossed, giving me a better view of his broad chest, his fingers tapping obnoxiously on his arm. His eyes stare down at me with eyebrows slightly raised and his nose twitches ever so slightly.

He clears his throat irritatedly and I drop my gaze to the floor, regretting checking him out as I feel blood rush to my cheeks. Hopefully, my dark skin prevents him from seeing it.

Why does he seem to irritated? You place a fine piece of art in from of me. I admire. Almost drool. Sounds pretty normal to me.

"Well, well, well," I say, with the smallest of smirks. "Look who finally decided to show up. First the beta, then the gamma and now the alpha. My, my, I feel like a celebrity now. I can barely contain my excitement."

He ignores my sarcasm. "I have come to understand that this is your first interaction with a pack or its members."

"What gave it away?" I raise my eyebrows and give him a small grin.

He seems unaffected by my response. "Your friend did. As you might already know, she talked. She seems to be the smarter one out of the two of you."

I scoff. "I would be offended if that isn't true."

He squints at me. "I, on the other hand, am offended at your stubbornness and and unwillingness to talk. The information given to us by your friend is useful but we need to hear it from another source. In this case, you."

"What would you like to know, Alpha?" I smile sweetly at him.

"Everything," He responds simply.

"Interesting," I hum. "Sadly, I will not be giving you any information until I see the appropriate person."

"Who is...?" He questions me.

"Someone, duh."

"You are not making this very easy for either of us. All you are doing is wasting my time."