Chapter 1

Tyro's POV

She lay limp in my arms. I felt like the world was spinning, I could no longer feel the wet coldness of my clothes or the bruises that lined my whole body. All I could feel was my heart trying to beat out of my chest as it drummed loudly in my ears.

I waded back to shore with King in my arm and she hasn't woken up. She hasn't made a move, if it wasn't for her faint pulse then I would assume she was dead. But something about her dying bothers me so much.

I want to scream. Scream into the deafening silence because it's too empty. Absent from the sound of her laughs and rude remarks, our constant banter and fighting. So much silence I want to scream into the, seemingly, never ending void of it.

Breathing into her mouth and pumping her chest: 1, 2, 3. Nothing. Just breathe already! Continuing the process so many times and still -- nothing. Wake up. You can't die, you still owe me. If you think that you can die without ever paying me back then you are foolishly ignoramus. As if she heard the words I screamed to her in my head, she woke up. Coughing and throwing up all the water in her lungs. "What did I miss?" were her first words to me. I wanted to smile, it felt like ages since I've heard her voice. "Shit, are we dead?" she mutters, sitting up on the sand. "Yes, we are. Now we got to go before Blake comes looking for us" I bluntly reply before standing up and brushing the sand off my clothes. I look at my watch to see it not working. Well at least we know he can't track us.

"That felt like slamming into concrete" she mumbles as she follows me, wiping the sand off of herself as she tries to keep up. She suddenly jerks on my top, pulling it down a bit revealing my chest, "you're covered in bruises" she states with a worried look in her eyes, "what happened?" she continues. "We fell out of a fricking plane, that's what happened, you idiot" I deadpanned, she smiled at this, "well at least we know that your annoying personality is still intact, let's go". I snorted at this but nonetheless followed her as she pretended to know where we were going.

"So where are we evil genius?" King finally asked after 3 minutes of walking in a random direction. "Well we were only in the plane for like an 1 hour so best guess is we are in France and we fell into the English channel" I presumed, "do you think everyone else was ok?" she asked, whilst continuing to walk in an unknown direction. "Well they were in a giant metal box that was being shot at, so my first answer is no." I bluntly stated, she nodded but frowned slightly at my lack of compassion. I do care but now's not the time to be fretting over these things.

We tread through a forest looking area. No one was seemingly around. King started climbing on trees and jumping between them. "If you fall off I'm going to laugh" I holler at her, as she laughs and continues. She looks at me and does a back flip off off the tree she's on, landing perfectly in front of me. "Nice landing batman" I say, "I know" she quips back and keep walking ahead of me. You would not even think that this girl almost died, the way she bounds around like she is immortal, you wouldn't think that I almost lost her.

"Do you know any French?" She shouted at me still looking forward, though she had stopped walking and was starring at something now. "No, why?" I quiz as I catch up and discover what she is looking at.

"Oh merde" (Shit)

"levez les mains!" (put your hands up!) I didn't need to be french to realise what they were saying as numerous police officers aimed their guns at us. What a warm welcome, courtesy of the French.

———————————————————
A/N: sorry it's short. I will post the next part very soon. 🙃