Chapter 29

King's POV

I feel trapped.

I never wanted to feel like that again.

I feel sick to my stomach. Something horrible has happened.

Eustace and Dax left for their mysterious mission early this morning. So far, according to the tracker, they have been travelling south east for quite some time. There has been no development with them.

But something new has happened.

Flashback to 2 hours ago:

I ambled around the house aimlessly. I had already trained for 2 hours today and eaten at least 3 times. I had nothing to do. So I decided to annoy Tyro. I hadn't seen his face all day.

I knocked on his room door and then opened it. But I couldn't see him.

Strange.

I walked further into his messy room, taking mental snapshots of all the gibberish that had been scrawled all over the walls and on random paper that littered the floor. The amount had grown exponentially since I had last been in here.

His thoughts painted the walls and I once again felt like I was inside his head. It was dark in here.

The only light came from the sun invading the dark space through a large crack in his curtain. I sat on the bed, wondering where he could be.

All of a sudden, light pooled in from a door being opened. The bathroom. Out came Tyro with a towel wrapped around his waist and his wet afro falling to his shoulders.

As soon as he noticed me, his eyes widened and his hand tightened instinctively around the towel. "King, oh my gosh, get out" he mumbled, his voice not conveying the same anger I think he meant to. "No." I simply stated, placing my hand over my eyes and facing the opposite direction.

I heard a loud sigh before some shuffling followed. After a couple of minutes of me staring into the palm of my hands, I felt a hand clap down on my shoulder. I turned to see a now fully dressed Tyro, still with wet hair.

"What do you want, kiki?" He sighed as he picked up a comb. I stood up and snatched it from him before pushing him to sit on the floor in front of the bed. "Oh, you know to annoy you relentlessly" I replied, whilst sectioning and combing his hair.

"And also to thank you for what you did when we were at HQ for a couple of days" I continued. We hadn't discussed what went down at HQ with our teammates or even with one another. We simply pretended it never happened.

But it did.

"King, let's not talk about it. We helped each other there is no need for thanks or apologies. We did what we had to do. We are a team" he muttered, wincing slightly as I cornrowed his hair tight.

"I just wanted to say thank you. If it wasn't for you... I don't know what would have happened".

HQ was a place that now instilled fear in me. After being taken there we were taken to what they called the 'cold room'.

It was a sick form of discipline, but I can't say it didn't work.

"Well, I don't want to remember how we 'shared' our body warmth or I will get nightmares at night again" he grumbled.

He has a point, it was humiliating. Being trapped and weak were both our worst nightmares.

"Well, I'm not reminding you how I had to calm you down from a panic attack like twice. I simply just said thank you, why are you making it a big deal?" I rebuttal, feeling quite defensive.