Chapter 7

Tyro's POV
I hate how sometimes when the situation is really bad, I forget how to think clearly. I forget how to think straight. I need to think straight. I keep on forcing myself, begging myself, 'think of a way out. Not just for you, but so you can see those bastards burn'.
Come on. Think.
Thi- Aha!

"King, you're going to be super pissed off with this, but I got an idea" I exclaim lowly, making sure the people around us couldn't tell I was talking. "What's the plan, Ty-tanic?", "The ropes are brittle with enough force we could probably rip it. After that we have a millisecond to get the underground hidden door right under us - I saw one of the ninjas come out from it. I know it's risky but it's the only way. Do you trust me, Karina?" I questioned. I saw King take a very deep breath and close her eyes, when she opened them there was a dark, sadistic intent. It's like she had switched personality. "I don't trust you, but I trust in our ability, so let's do it Tanya" she muttered with a hidden, malicious smirk crawling onto her face, "on 3". 

I've seen this look on her face twice before. Once, when we were fighting those thugs in the apartment on our first mission, though it was very faint. The other time was when we got kidnapped and she KOed those guys that wanted her to kill her team mates. 

The look in her eyes, the smile on her face, the enjoyment of fighting and killing emanating off of her in waves. When she gets like that, there is absolutely no doubt that she is an assassin. I've seen that look on other people, people I have killed, people I have allied with. The sadistic eyes, and the heartless look in their eyes that let you know that killing people was what they were trained to do. Before I became a pyro I used to hate that look, with all my heart and soul. I used to hate it when people liked to hurt others. 

My parents always had that look. But now, people with that look are my favourite kind of people. People that aren't afraid to get what they want out of anyone.

"1, 2... now!" I voiced and we both tore the ropes binding us to shreds. We broke the hidden entrance of the underground door and jumped down the endless passage. I heard shouts and sounds of people following us, orders being bellowed, guns and bombs being prepped. 

Aw what happened to them not wanting to kill us, for a moment there they had me feeling special. 

The tunnel we jumped down seemed to be going forever, it felt like we jumped down an endless pit of black, a black hole. My stomach had stopped doing the butterfly thing and now I felt like I had been falling forever. What the heck! "We are almost at the end!" King bellowed from below me as she had jumped first. "Brace yourself princess" she announced and seconds later we plunged into freezing water. I should've hold my breath. When I resurfaced, I coughed up the vile water that had managed to enter my lungs. "What is this place?" I asked King, "if I was you, I wouldn't look around too much and also we have to be quick" she replied and started running off in a direction with me close behind. 

I looked around. I wish I didn't. I don't mind seeing dead bodies, I'm not innocent, I've seen loads. But the sheer amount of bodies and bones that littered this place gave me chills. "Why are there so many bodies?" I ask, "think of this place as a bin. All the trash gets tossed down here and once every month they turn the incinerator on, which is more like a volcano that fills this entire place up with fire and the water that runs through her puts it out after. They know we are down here so they will most likely turn it on" she explained, still running like Usain Bolt. I didn't respond I just ran. 

Click! Cli-Click!

"Oh no, they are turning the incinerator on!" she bellowed and started to move faster. I have never seen her afraid. Not when she fell in the ocean, not when she was being electrified to death. Never. But now, the fear that drowned out the assassin look in her eyes made me wonder why. She isn't the type to be afraid of death. Maybe she isn't. Maybe she has been in a situation like this before. 

Fire. 

The red and orange herd of it came chasing after us, nipping at our ankles as the light at the end of the tunnel got brighter and brighter. So close, we're almost there. Just a while longer, she reached the hole that the light was coming from first. I realised that it wasn't large enough for us to fit through. She started kicking the bricks out of the way to enlarge it, "quick dive out! I'm right behind you" she screamed at me, I followed her orders immediately as the fire was getting way too close for comfort. I dived out of the hole and fell into a very large body of water, maybe a sea, a moat or maybe even a very large lake. I heard a gut wrenching scream before a smoking body fell into the water after me. King!

The sizzling of the water cooling down her burns pierced the overwhelming sound of silence that had befallen the area. I swam her to a shore and turned her on her back. Her clothes had mostly burned off but her burns didn't look that bad. Just extremely painful as it covered such a large surface area. "You big baby" I whispered to her as she groaned awake. She cursed at me and stood up which led to her top falling down. "Ugh, what the heck!" she exclaimed to herself. I took off my own top and gave it to her whilst walking towards some trees. This is kind of déjà vu.

"Um... Tyro?" she muttered. I hummed a reply and turned around to face her. "That was a good idea. I didn't even think of it" and with a small smile on her face she walked past me. Before I could reply she started talking again, pretending like she didn't just thank me. Damn it! I wanted to rub it in her face. "Luckily we are on the other side of the institute so my house isn't that far from here-" she mentioned but stopped in her tracks when she someone. 

"Besloe..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy new years!

Guess whose back!!!! 

BTW I am going to start writing (not publishing) book 3 so when this one is finished the other one will be almost done then I can just publish it so there won't be as long as a wait time.