Chapter 32

King's POV

I lost control.

My ears were ringing, and I felt as if I had lost authority over my own body. I was merely a spectator watching as I skilfully reloaded my sniper and shot every one of them.

I was merely a bystander, watching as I unveiled my twin pistols and dropped all of Blake's men on their faces. It was a marvellous sight; one I knew would haunt my sleep – if I managed to get some – and sit in my throat until I was dry heaving trying to throw up the feeling.

Guilt.

Anger.

Such strong emotions and together they were a bubbling cauldron of frustration and I have never wanted to tear my hair out and hug myself to sleep as much as I did now.

Tyro was down.

Domo was out of commission.

Amo was preoccupied.

My sick sense of justice flooded my very being; muffling the inhibitions that usually kept my assassin side tame.

I was exactly who they made me to be. And every day, I hated myself for it.

As soon as I saw Tyro was shot, my vision turned red. I saw Domo – almost gracefully – using her archaic weapon, besting the guns as well as they could until it couldn't.

She got shot and I started seeing black.

Amo hauled them both to safety whilst I was left in the sight of those who wanted me to fail to protect the only people who truly liked me in this world.

They should've just run.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tyro stirred on the makeshift bed inside the boat as it rocked lightly. It was dark but the sun was slowly pushing the inky black sky off the horizon.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty" I voiced, as I chewed on the snack I had taken from Domo's backpack.

Tyro jolted up in confusion before clutching his side and groaning in pain. His body was riddled with wounds, I don't know if he will be able to help us.

Whilst Domo and Tyro were out cold, Amo and I concocted a plan.

We sailed to the island where Dax and Stace's trackers were and stayed a few miles away. Enough that we could see the island with the telescope we brought but not close enough that the naked eye could see our boat.

The place was surrounded by guards, a small island that contained a mighty-looking building surrounded by an even mightier wall.

The guards changed every 4 hours, Amo and I timed it.

In their last 10 minutes, they would also look tired and were less alert. The change was quick and lasted only 5 minutes so there wasn't a massive window for us if we wanted to sneak in unnoticed.

"You got hurt" Tyro stated, breaking me out of my thoughts as his eyes were trained on my bandaged leg. I scoffed as I looked at him, compared to him I was lightly slapped on the wrist.

"You got hurt" I shot back at him, tossing some food on his lap.

"You saved my life... again",

"Yep, you are welcome",

"Why?",

"w-what? I should let you die?" I stuttered, wondering if the suicidal bastard heard the words that came out of his mouth.