Chapter 19

King's POV

The unfortunate events had seemingly come to a close. We were back in our old house in England. Where everything started.

Damn, more like where everything has ended. But if I delve into the other side of the coin, I'm afraid I might find myself on a slippery slope.

I've been in white rooms smelling like disinfectant too often in such a short time. The obnoxiously white walls closing in on me and the even more obnoxious Tyro resting on a similar uncomfortable plank besides me.

On our way back, we debriefed Blake, of course emitting the details about Besloe. The burns on my back are being treated and the scars on my face have been acknowledged. I wasn't unmarked before going into this mission but coming out I feel like a rag doll that's been cut up for the quenching of the sadistic thirst of those around me.

"What happened to 'you are not too bad Tironai'... huh?" Tyro voiced from beside me on his own bed, wearing an identical green gown as I.

I changed my mind when I saw myself in the mirror.

"Yeah... no. You suck literal ass" I replied, the snarl evident in my tone, back to his complaining that seems to be perpetually. I have never heard him talk so much and I honestly wish he would shut up again. Where did the quiet, mysterious guy go? I miss him more than I'd care to admit. This chatterbox needs to go back to the origami he crawled out of. [A/N: have you ever made an origami chatterbox? They are very fun]

There was a long silence that seemed to coat the tension, making it thicker and more evident.

"I can't even remember why we are fighting" Tyro's voice slicing through the tension and silence like the sharpened blade of a ninja. He was right. It seemed so far away now, so long ago.

"We always get put in these situations, with forced proximity" I mumbled, laughing sardonically at the universe playing matchmaker, something so ridiculous yet light-hearted. I guess they can be synonymous.

A miniscule amount of tension lingered but most of it had lifted. "When can we get out of here?" Tyro questioned whilst sitting up on his bed. I shrugged and noticed I wasn't attached to anything and the bandage around my torso, arm and legs were secure. "If we walked out right now, I don't think anyone will say anything" I responded, grunting whilst sitting up on a poor excuse for a bed.

Under my hospital gown I was wearing shorts and nothing else. The bandage around my torso shielded my private parts but I had no shoes on. Tyro was wearing identical black shorts and nothing on his upper body beside multiply large plasters. He had a couple bandages around his knee and elbows, matching my own disgruntled and mummified look.

Footsteps came thundering down the hallway. "Be ready" Tyro's low voice came. We watched the door with precision are sharp as the throwing knives on my bedside table. "Guys something just went down!" Domo screeched as she flung the door open haphazardly and the rest of the gang came pooling in behind her. "We just heard the craziest thing, and you are not going to believe it" Amo voiced, like a rehearsed script.

"We just heard Blake and some directors talking about sending us on another mission and guess where?!?! Yup, you guessed the fricking murder island" Domo shouted, the mortified expression painted on Dax and Eustace faced suddenly made sense but didn't grace mine nor Tyro's. We knew this would happen; we were expecting it in facts. "Why is no one as mortified as us?" Eustace voiced, watching me and Tyro's blank expressions and watching Domo and Amo argue about something irrelevant, that being who was going to break the news to us. "I definitely didn't sign up for this! Did you?" Eustace spoke again, her voice brimming with annoyance at our lack of responsiveness. "Girl, we didn't even sign up" Domo spoke, breaking the veil of silence that had blanketed us. "Yeah Stace, I was literally kidnapped. It was work with us or die in prison" I spoke finally, picking the imaginary dirt out of my nails. "Yeah, me and Tyro were sedated with darts and literally dragged here" Amo voiced.

I didn't know that.

"What...?" Dax said, wide eyed as he looked at us all. Something clicked inside Dax's head, and simultaneously in Eustace's. "'What did you do to get here' That's what Amour said when we first arrived. "Eustace voiced aloud.

Like a lock clicking into place and the final puzzle piece sliding into its rightful spot, Eustace had now realised that not only was she surrounded by criminals, but she was surrounded by victims.

"You are all here against your will" Dax stated. "Who would do this on purpose?" Domo sarcastically remarked. Eustace gave her a dry look in response that made Domo snort "right, sorry".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were all home now. The tension had yet to dissipate but we had bigger issues to worry about. Our lives.

The sound of a notification cut through the awkward silence and Amo looked down at his phone. "Blake just texted and said that we need to attend a meeting at 8am tomorrow. The car will arrive at 7.50am" he voiced. We all knew what this meeting was about and why it was so formal.

"So, we jumping out a window tonight or what?" Dax asked.