chapter 14

[Tyro's Pov]

Bes is gone.

I want to kill him. I want to hurt him so bad. His absence is really messing up our plan. "King! We have to leave. With Bes gone out plan is already jeopardised. The only thing we can do now is run." I explain. Her eyes widen and wander around the garden, hoping to spot some signs of what direction Bes went – it's useless. She knows that. King nodded and quickly scurried into the house. "Where are you going, you fool?" I whisper shouted to her. She returned within seconds holding 3 guns and a small blade. "Went to go raid my stash. Let's go!" she voiced while ushering me through the woods after throwing me the blade and a gun.

We heard some shouting and ducked behind some bushes. Damn they arrived quick. "Spread out!" a mysterious voice bellowed. King and I exchanged a quick glance before darting off further into the woods. "They're over there!" someone bellowed. I swore under my breath and picked up my pace whilst shooting blindly behind me. "Forget shooting, just run!" King screamed as she sprinted ahead, expertly dodging trees and leaping over logs and hazards on the ground. She noticed I was falling behind and they were gaining on us. She slowed down slightly to match my pace and shot 5 shots with each of her guns in opposite directions. A large branch fell behind us, causing our chaser to slow down – some even getting caught under it. We approached a large lake, with a quick look and nod from both of us we had dived into the freezing cold. We stayed under and attempted to swim to the other end. Bullets rain down from the surface of the water, chasing us as we crawled on the bottom of the lake, trying to evade them. A bullet struck King in the arm, before she had time to register, she left go the bubble of air she was holding. I could see her eyes dropping as she tried to hold her breath. I crawled over to her and put my mouth on hers, allowing us to share some of the breath I had been holding. She gave me a thumbs up – signalling that she was alright now, and we kept crawling on the surface. The blood that rose to the surface from her wounds must have been enough for them to stop shooting.

We surfaced and took big gulps of air that probably bruised our throats. We waded to the shore as quick as we could. Once we arrived, we flopped on the muddied ground and hyperventilated till we could replenish the air in our lungs. "Thanks for that, down there" King mumbled in-between pants. I nodded my head at her, unable to reply yet due to my need for oxygen.

A sniffle and sob interrupted the silence. It sounded like a grown man crying but the innocence of it made it seem like it could be a child. We slowly followed the sound, keeping well hidden in case it was a trap. We soon stumbled upon Besloe, dripping with water and crying in a foetal position. I saw red, I want to kill him!

I turned to King, an enraged look on my face, while she had one of pity. She's too soft and it's going to get her killed one day. I can feel it. "I can't escape" Bes mumbled like a broken record that had been abandoned instead of repaired. "I can't escape, I can't escape, I can't escape".

King walked closer to him and tried to touch his shoulder, but he unravelled from his foetal position and scurried away, "don't touch me! I'm not going back! I'm never going back!" he bellowed on the top of his lungs. Where?

"Bes, it's me – King. I'm not going to take you back to Perfide, I just want to stop your crying." King voiced softly. Bes looked up at her and nodded. It reminded me when we were kids, my parents would always comfort him whenever he cried yet they never gave a shit about me. Seeing King comfort him churned a deep and bitter feeling in my stomach. "Leave that rat here, we have to go" I told King as she patted Bes on the back. She looked at me in shock. "This is your brother, and he is clearly suffering – we can't just leave him" King replied. I know her guilt from leaving him in the past was clouding her emotions and her ability to think but so was mine. My emotions and bitterness clouded my logic all the same. "I don't give a shit if he was bleeding out, he is the reason you got shot, he is the reason we got chased into the water, he is the reason for every bad thing that has happened since we got here!" I yelled, my jaw sparking with pain from the amount of pressure my teeth exerted on it when it clenched down. "Well, should we leave him here then so he can alert his authorities which direction we went or where we are? No, we have to keep an eye on him, a better one this time." She preached, where is that heartless assassin I used to know? She probably died in the plane crash.

"You are a heartless assassin, so kill him. Then all our problems are solved, and we can make it back to England without a tail" I spoke, no emotion in my voice or face. My dark eyes staring into Kings soul, daring her to challenge me. "If you don't, I will" I continued, and clocked the gun that she gave me. "King, he is right. Just kill me" Bes told her, whilst looking down. For someone so old, he looked so vulnerable but it's all a trick. It always was with him. He could never be sincere; he would cosy up to people then stab them in the back. No remorse. King's eyes widened and she looked conflicted. "Our time is running out Kiki, tick tock" I urged her on. I think the nickname did something because she stood up and walked up to me with a fiery look of conviction in her eyes. She pushed me hard and spat out the word 'no'. Well, I guess she made her choice. My turn! I shrugged and aimed my gun at Besloe. "No" she screeched and jumped on me as I pulled the trigger.

Bang.

[A/N]: First update of 2023!!! Woohooo!!